No announcement yet.

Closed Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda reminds of a quote from Braveheart…

Patriots of Scotland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Bannockburn.They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No Cortes

Comment

It's hard to hope that a player might be injured, but Cortes being out could make that happen. With Beverly out and Ridgnal limited, I can only come up with one possible scenario for backcourt

PG - Bell/Ighovodja
        SG - Rodgers/Bell
        SF - Bamba/Rodgers

If it was close and "encouraging" with that lineup, I have optimism for the season, unless Cortes was held out because of eligibility issues.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I know other schools have used players awaiting a waiver in secret scrimmages (since their aren't official games) but I guess WSU decided differently

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            I know other schools have used players awaiting a waiver in secret scrimmages (since their aren't official games) but I guess WSU decided differently
            If they aren't eligible, you probably want to get as much real practice without them.

Comment

I’m guessing we’re not getting anything more about the scrimmage???

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Reasonable would be a general report on the game, like who won and how.

I do not expect that, unless it comes from Iowa.
                Does anyone know who Iowa is playing this weekend in their "Secret" Scrimmage? I swear I was listening to Omaha radio on my way into work and I heard a guy say it was Creighton, but that makes no sense since they are 3rd game of the year. Anyone have any knowledge around this years game?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If they aren't eligible, you probably want to get as much real practice without them.
                  I can understand that for DeGray, but I've heard over and over again that WSU is "confident" they will get the waiver for Cortes.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I can understand that for DeGray, but I've heard over and over again that WSU is "confident" they will get the waiver for Cortes.
                    Maybe their public facing confidence isn't backed by real confidence lol. Seems like every waiver we are "confident" in and we have gotten zero of them

Comment

Maybe their public facing confidence isn't backed by real confidence lol. Seems like every waiver we are "confident" in and we have gotten zero of them
                      Could you imagine what people would be saying if Isaac Brown went into a season with no eligible PG on the roster? I'm very hopeful for HCPM, but this is concerning.

Comment

Those guys are really on top of it.

Comment

While I agree with this in general - I do think this waiver is quite a bit different than the other ones. Just reading between the lines.

But agree, assuming anything positive seems like a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

While I agree with this in general - I do think this waiver is quite a bit different than the other ones. Just reading between the lines.

But agree, assuming anything positive seems like a mistake.
                            I agree its different .. but it's not different in that the NCAA still seems to have to approve it .. so i put our odds at 1%

Comment

I assume Dalen Ridgnal was limited due to some kind of injury situation.

I still don't understand the Cortes deal. I understand that the NCAA may establish academic eligibility requirements but I would think that it is up to the educational institution to certify whether he has met those requirements. Perhaps I was wrong about that. If that understanding is correct and WSU makes that determination the fact that we do not have an official ruling about his eligibility is rather concerning. I don't understand why Cortes eligibility would still be in question at this point unless he is allowed to do some make up work before the season starts. At this point I am not optimistic that Cortes will be eligible, at least for the first semester, and I have always expected DeGray will be sitting out this year.

If Cortes isn't academically eligible for the fall semester, I assume he can get eligible for the spring semester. If he doesn't then perhaps HCPM should just cut him loose.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 23, 2023, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Those guys are really on top of it.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X