Closed Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Scrimmage

Reminders of our closed scrimmage?? Date , time, place?
    What would be a reasonable outcome?

Iowa October 22nd, keeping it close would be good
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Reasonable would be a general report on the game, like who won and how.

I do not expect that, unless it comes from Iowa.

Comment

I doubt the outcome really matters much. Coaches use these games to see how different players respond to situations and how the chemistry of different lineups work against outside competition. In the end I'm sure players especially want to win, but the course of the game is about learning and testing.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Reasonable would be a general report on the game, like who won and how.

I do not expect that, unless it comes from Iowa.
          I think timing is right for someone to cue up the infamous Iverson overview about practice...WStateU, are you listening?
          That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I wonder if Bijon Cortes will be allowed to play in this if his eligibility standing is still in question. Not sure why the issue of academic eligibility isn't pretty much cut and dried?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I wonder if Bijon Cortes will be allowed to play in this if his eligibility standing is still in question. Not sure why the issue of academic eligibility isn't pretty much cut and dried?
              Yeah this situation has never made sense to me. Since when does someone need a "waiver" to be academically eligible to play? You either have the grades/credits or you don't, it shouldn't depend on some NCAA ruling. Cortes is a first time transfer to top it off.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Yeah this situation has never made sense to me. Since when does someone need a "waiver" to be academically eligible to play? You either have the grades/credits or you don't, it shouldn't depend on some NCAA ruling. Cortes is a first time transfer to top it off.
                Just a guess, but maybe it has to do with non- transferable credits

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Just a guess, but maybe it has to do with non- transferable credits
                  You are right on the money…..however, it would be the biggest screw job of all time by the NCAA if they denied it.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You are right on the money…..however, it would be the biggest screw job of all time by the NCAA if they denied it.
                    Or WSU?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

sooo you are saying we should expect him to not be eligible ...

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                        Reminders of our closed scrimmage?? Date , time, place?
                        What would be a reasonable outcome?
                        If we win, we are natty bound, if we lose, we might as well shut down the program. There is no in between

Comment

Iowa lost some key players but reloaded. They are predicted to finish around 9th of 14 teams in the Big Ten. Pryce Sandfort is quite the shooter. Tony Perkins and Patrick McCaffery are returning starters that will join solid transfer from Valpo Ben Krikke. This is an ideal and talented team the Shocks will scrimmage that won't overwhelm us IMO. Hopefully we get input back afterwards.

I'm confused with what I read on the eligibility of Cortes who we really need this Season. I thought he got caught up to the needed classes this summer to be eligible, but then I read we are still waiting to find out?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Is this even still a thing anymore? This staff hasn’t exactly been forthcoming with information. Maybe it’s already settled but they don’t feel the need to make a special announcement for it.

Just a thought.
                            78-65

Comment

It’s ADKS fault it won’t be televised. How could he miss this opportunity?? We demand to know everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X