2023 Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Hasn’t Taylor Swift been hanging around KC? They should have got her if they wanted to put people in the stands.
    Put 10 young attractive coeds in a 5 on 5 with lingerie for uniforms. Now that would put butts in the seats. Who cares if they can shoot.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Also, Cortes is intriguing. Sort of unorthodox. I like it
        The highlight link below on Cortes displays him with some impressive pentrating scores.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Cortes gives me strong Kelly Leak vibes.
          (Bad News Bears)

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Put 10 young attractive coeds in a 5 on 5 with lingerie for uniforms. Now that would put butts in the seats. Who cares if they can shoot.
            We did it with dudes in short shorts the last two years and those games were fairly well attended.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

We did it with dudes in short shorts the last two years and those games were fairly well attended.
              Are you saying that Wichita is becoming the Ashville of Kansas? Yikes!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Are you saying that Wichita is becoming the Ashville of Kansas? Yikes!!!!
                I’m saying “who cares if they can shoot” has been a consistent theme the last few years.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I would put the crowd at somewhere around 1.75 - 2.25 K.

Stayed for some of the concert, thought it was fine. Not meant for us.

I do think there were more than the past few years, but it was not super obvious. I am 100% fine with the changes, and like I said, they weren't for most of SN.

Comment

• The weekend was great, as a whole. The games and and other events were good and it was great to see all the athletes for the other programs support each other.

The production value was better than past years for the basketball, but the actually basketball portion of the event wasn't the best. It was NBA All-Star play, without all the other events that make All-Star weekend fun. (Also, is it that hard to do 20 minutes of a non-running clock, if you're just playing All-Star type basketball?)

Tweak the basketball portion and you've got your self something to build on going forward.
                    The Assman

Comment

• The basketball scrimmage counts as practice time. The coaching staffs may have wanted to minimize the practice time devoted to NBA All-Star type scrimmaging.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• [QUOTE= Stayed for some of the concert, thought it was fine. [/QUOTE]

I went to the Bellamy Brothers a couple weeks ago.

Comment

• I had a good time. Came up from Texas and don't regret it one bit. Hopefully they keep it on the weekend going forward!
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• My vote goes to the multis.

Maybe next year they should have a dance off between the various sports programs.

Comment

• My $.025 (inflation):

I thought the band, dance and cheer teams were great. They need to perform in front of people and this gave them a good opportunity this early in the year.

The team intro’s were…hmm…ok. Nice to see, just a bit clunky. It would have been nice that after their introduction, they could have went directly to their seats-some/many stayed. However, they walked back up the stairs to the concourse…then, presumably some left, others meandered around until they found a place to sit. Again, a bit clunky.

Womens bball team: I watched some games last year and I’m not a womens bball expert, but this team seems to have a lot more athleticism than before. I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually do pretty well.

Mens bball team: see other posts regarding NBA style all-star game. I wasn’t expecting much, just wanted to see-put name with face on the newcomers. We have better talent (top to bottom), imo, than past couple of years.

Tech Nine…I didn’t stick around-kinda glad I didn’t from what I’ve heard. Not my thing. If it’s for the athletes, thats fine. Really disappointed in the lack of traditional college students in attendance. I know, thats WSU. Seemed pretty weak though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                                My $.025 (inflation):

I thought the band, dance and cheer teams were great. They need to perform in front of people and this gave them a good opportunity this early in the year.

The team intro’s were…hmm…ok. Nice to see, just a bit clunky. It would have been nice that after their introduction, they could have went directly to their seats-some/many stayed. However, they walked back up the stairs to the concourse…then, presumably some left, others meandered around until they found a place to sit. Again, a bit clunky.

Womens bball team: I watched some games last year and I’m not a womens bball expert, but this team seems to have a lot more athleticism than before. I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually do pretty well.

Mens bball team: see other posts regarding NBA style all-star game. I wasn’t expecting much, just wanted to see-put name with face on the newcomers. We have better talent (top to bottom), imo, than past couple of years.

Tech Nine…I didn’t stick around-kinda glad I didn’t from what I’ve heard. Not my thing. If it’s for the athletes, thats fine. Really disappointed in the lack of traditional college students in attendance. I know, thats WSU. Seemed pretty weak though.
                                Next year they should book a good county artist. We do live in Kansas after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X