No announcement yet.

2023 Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you go to a car show you don't get to watch the Super Cars race. You just go to see the cars up close, learn about the new advances, eat a hotdog, and get excited about races in the future. Maybe get some autographs.

Shocker Madness is a car show, the races are coming soon.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• How was the attendance? Since no one has mentioned I assuming nothing special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        When you go to a car show you don't get to watch the Super Cars race. You just go to see the cars up close, learn about the new advances, eat a hotdog, and get excited about races in the future. Maybe get some autographs.

Shocker Madness is a car show, the races are coming soon.
        I actually went to a car show instead of Shocker Madness yesterday! But not that kind of show.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          How was the attendance? Since no one has mentioned I assuming nothing special.
          Looked to the wife and I there were fewer this year than the past. Not many at all.

Comment

• Sounds like a fail.

Comment

• If it's not what you wanna watch, don't go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Looked to the wife and I there were fewer this year than the past. Not many at all.
                One of the problems with having it on a Saturday you are up against college football and MLB playoffs. And while having it as part of Shoctoberfest seems like a decent idea it is also then vying for fans' time with 2 volleyball matches, an intrasquad baseball scrimmage and 2 softball fall scrimmages. If the new goal is to engage and target the student body, which it may very well be, then perhaps this is the way to go with this event and just focus on that.

Perhaps what they should do is just have a couple of pratices to include a short running clock scrimmage (or not) open to fans who want to get a sneak peak at the teams. Have the men's team and women's team open practices on different dates. Perhaps even charge $10 bucks to attend for those interested. Draw 2,000 and you pocket $20,000. Perhaps have 2 open practices for each team during the pre-season.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 8, 2023, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Interesting. Apparently Jalyn Ricks is no longer on the team. He was not introduced last night and I see this morning he is not on the roster. He was on the printed roster that was available last night. Hmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by B&Gpassion View Post
                    Interesting. Apparently Jalyn Ricks is no longer on the team. He was not introduced last night and I see this morning he is not on the roster. He was on the printed roster that was available last night. Hmmmm
                    Reported and discusssed yesterday beginning with this post.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...01#post1408101

Described as a leave of absence. No specifics. The fact he has been removed from the roster is probably an indication he will not return.

Comment

• Thanks 72, I didn’t catch that. Agree, doesn’t look like a return is likely. Sad, he’s put in time here.

Comment

• “Give Kevin Saal credit: a lot more fans in attendance for tonight’s event than in recent years past.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

“Give Kevin Saal credit: a lot more fans in attendance for tonight’s event than in recent years past.”

Ok. So, which is it? Or should we consider it a draw?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Ok. So, which is it? Or should we consider it a draw?
                            Heck, just looking around, it didn’t look like as many. Perhaps if you count all of the athletes from T&F, softball, baseball, etc.

Comment

• Since the last two years were IB’s teams, maybe not too high of a bar to have increased attendance. Sounds like the concert was more negative than positive.

Comment

• Hasn’t Taylor Swift been hanging around KC? They should have got her if they wanted to put people in the stands.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X