No announcement yet.

2023 Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching scrimmage, I'll say this, we have no shortage of size and athleticism. May even have some shooters (makers). If they can be coached to play smart and hard, they could be decent

Comment

• Also, Cortes is intriguing. Sort of unorthodox. I like it

Comment

• Plus our big guys are versatile:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Shockernetters can have sex 4 times? That would probably take weeks for some of us old farts.
          You guys are having the sex?
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

that enough time for some shockernetters to have sex 4 times.
            5 if I am alone.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• FSF seemed to get more cupcake frosting on my face and hands than in my piehole. Who were players who caught my eyeballs? Beverly and Ballard impressed me more than expected. D. Ridgnal might not be a starter, but will play alot.

My guess on starters is still the same after this extended 12 minutes, continuous clock scrimmage.

1. Toss up on Cortes / X. Bell who will both play alot, maybe at times together?
              2. Rogers didn't shoot lights out tonight, but I'm not worried/ Joy
              3. Beverly / Dalen R. (we are really solid here ) DR could also switch to the 2 slot if needed. Hard to keep him off court.
              4. Kenny P/ Abbide seems improved as we have heard
              5. Germany/ Q. Ballard if healthy, he sure could be much improved

We should be able to go 9-10 deep often. Maybe more if needed. Indeed we are tall and athletic.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                FSF seemed to get more cupcake frosting on my face and hands than in my piehole. Who were players who caught my eyeballs? Beverly and Ballard impressed me more than expected. D. Ridgnal might not be a starter, but will play alot.

My guess on starters is still the same after this extended 12 minutes, continuous clock scrimmage.

1. Toss up on Cortes / X. Bell who will both play alot, maybe at times together?
                2. Rogers didn't shoot lights out tonight, but I'm not worried/ Joy
                3. Beverly / Dalen R. (we are really solid here ) DR could also switch to the 2 slot if needed. Hard to keep him off court.
                4. Kenny P/ Abbide seems improved as we have heard
                5. Germany/ Q. Ballard if healthy, he sure could be much improved

We should be able to go 9-10 deep often. Maybe more if needed. Indeed we are tall and athletic.
                LOL

Comment

• The wife and I stayed for 2- 3 songs of the concert. I am sure he was swearing the whole time, but the only thing I heard was" Chick- Filet sauce " mentioned in a song. Our son sat beside us said that was correct.As we were walking to the concourse it smelled like a 1973 Deep Purple concert I attended in high school at the Roundhouse.He called us on the way home and said we should have stayed. We had been sitting in section 101, 2 rows up from the floor. 5 or so students immediately took our place and immediately rolled a blunt.My son was curious if we might have taken a hit when they started passing it around. Don't think we would have, and our son said he didn't either. But a father ( who had teens with him) sitting in front of us did make advantage of the sharing. Don't think think this would have happened at past Shocker Madness though.

Comment

• Shocker Reefer Madnezz

Comment

• Tommy Chong sing the National Anthem?

Comment

• Sounds like a great success. Wonder if they will make the Wacky Weed a regular item at the consession stands. Most ikely would do very well although it might mellow the crowd out a bit.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 8, 2023, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• How was Tech Nina?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                            The wife and I stayed for 2- 3 songs of the concert. I am sure he was swearing the whole time, but the only thing I heard was" Chick- Filet sauce " mentioned in a song. Our son sat beside us said that was correct.As we were walking to the concourse it smelled like a 1973 Deep Purple concert I attended in high school at the Roundhouse.He called us on the way home and said we should have stayed. We had been sitting in section 101, 2 rows up from the floor. 5 or so students immediately took our place and immediately rolled a blunt.My son was curious if we might have taken a hit when they started passing it around. Don't think we would have, and our son said he didn't either. But a father ( who had teens with him) sitting in front of us did make advantage of the sharing. Don't think think this would have happened at past Shocker Madness though.
                            That’s hilarious. Now we know how it feels to be KU.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks they can tell anything about the players or their improvement from that yoga exercise of a acrimmahe last night is totally high and should not be analyzing players for anyone seriously wanting to know. That was at best a jogfest that looked like they were trying to combine a dunk contest with a three point contest in the scrimmage format. Paul obviously has less love for this than even Gregg did. I won’t go again. You could not even make out what the public address announcer was saying in the intros. It was worse than Ted w. If that is possible. The only saving grace was that it appeared that PM had worked them so hard in a previous practice so they had nothing left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                Anyone who thinks they can tell anything about the players or their improvement from that yoga exercise of a acrimmahe last night is totally high and should not be analyzing players for anyone seriously wanting to know. That was at best a jogfest that looked like they were trying to combine a dunk contest with a three point contest in the scrimmage format. Paul obviously has less love for this than even Gregg did. I won’t go again. You could not even make out what the public address announcer was saying in the intros. It was worse than Ted w. If that is possible. The only saving grace was that it appeared that PM had worked them so hard in a previous practice so they had nothing left.
                                I don't think anyone could come away from the "scrimmage" with anything more than seeing our guys exhibiting more athleticism by a team wearing the Shocker colors than any other team in recent memory. It is what it was...two teams playing little defense but everyone was smiling and having a great time throwing lobs to the post and some nice dunks. Nothing to take away from this except they had a good to great time. If anyone expected more then that that was on them

Comment

Working...
                                X