2023-2024 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    So any official word on whether Bijan Cortes was able to get his eligibility reinstated?

I am a little concerned about what kind of luck we will have with Bijan. After all he will be sporting two upsided down 2s on his uniform.
    He should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

He should be good.
      And we're just now finding out because .... ?

:)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

And we're just now finding out because .... ?

:)
        Technically we are still not finding out officially. We have a post from a credible board member that BC should be okay.

However, nothing nothing official that he is eligible.

Surely tayloreldridge could perhaps find that and report on it, although he shouldn't have to.

​​​​​​​I might email HCPM's special assistant to see if I can get an answer.

Comment

I'd assume with fall semester started and summer school done, he either is or isnt eligible at this point. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he had to get some class work done over the summer to be eligible

Comment

When a player transferring in is academically ineligible...is the player allowed to practice with team and or in the least get some coaching? Or do they just go to class and have nothing to do with the team?
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              I'd assume with fall semester started and summer school done, he either is or isnt eligible at this point. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought he had to get some class work done over the summer to be eligible
              That's my assumption as well but it would be nice to know which it is.

I have sent an inquire about Bijan and Ronne Degray to Xavier Holland, the special assistant to Coach Mills. I will report back if and when I get a response.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 26, 2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                When a player transferring in is academically ineligible...is the player allowed to practice with team and or in the least get some coaching? Or do they just go to class and have nothing to do with the team?
                I think i remember Taylor saying he was not able to practice with the team. I don't know if that means just the activity sessions or it means he can't be in the room at all with the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Typically any ineligible player cannot practice (but there are a boat load of statuses if the compliance officer thought he would be eligible for a waiver, so you never know). Normally ineligible athletes are expected to run and work out on their own to maintain fitness. Summer school with its short courses are a great way for athletes to get their eligibility back in order, so I would assume that's what Bijan did. But I don't know anything Bijan's situation, so that's a pure guess on my part.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but I was looking over the MBB roster on GoShockers site and noticed every returning player is now listed as being 1 inch shorter in height with the exception of Ricks who came back at minus 2”. Shrinkage across the board.

Comment

I WAS IN THE POOL !!!!!!!!

Comment

Like a frightened turtle
                        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                          Don’t know if this has been mentioned but I was looking over the MBB roster on GoShockers site and noticed every returning player is now listed as being 1 inch shorter in height with the exception of Ricks who came back at minus 2”. Shrinkage across the board.
                          Coaching strategy??? Make us look smaller on paper and then surprise opponents on the court??? Idk..... lol

Or maybe we're gonna play in flip-flops this year. Idk...
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                            I wonder if they used to measure everyone with their shoes on and have now switched to no shoes.

Either way, I don't think WSU will be lacking in the size department this season.

Comment

I think the actual games need to start...immediately, for the sake of the sanity of this board.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                I think the actual games need to start...immediately, for the sake of the sanity of this board.
                                This has been the longest freaking off-season ever!

Comment

Working...
                                X