2023-2024 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Sad about Ricks. Was hoping new staff might get him to come into form. This seems to happen more and more.

It would seem to me if Ricks were in line to play a bunch, this would not have happened. Still no good losing a scholarship guy this late.
    Not everyone was gonna play. Leaving before the season starts probably preserves a year of eligibility for him,

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not everyone was gonna play. Leaving before the season starts probably preserves a year of eligibility for him,
      He is a post-Covid recruit. This his 3rd year and coming into the season he had 3 years of eligibility remaining as he redshirted in 2021-22. If the 5 years to play 4 is still in effect, he would have 2 more years of eligibility after this year without some kind of a waiver. If he transfers for the 2nd semester, I assume he has to sit out a year since he is not transferring within the prescribed transfer portal window. That said, I can't say I truly understand the transfer rules post-Covid.

He did have surgery to repair a torn meniscus as a Freshman so getting a clock extension is certainly a possibility allowing him 6 years to play 4.

Comment

Pretty sweet car for a player that will likely sit out this season. Nice to see Armchair (and local businesses) hooking guys up.

Comment

Comments from Kenny Pohto and HCPM at the AAC's basketball media day on Monday:

Comment

Any official word on Cortez yet? Listening to HCPM in the Lutz-dorks show this week, didn’t sound like there was, but I couldn’t tell for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Pretty sweet car for a player that will likely sit out this season. Nice to see Armchair (and local businesses) hooking guys up.
              Nauseating more like.

Paying like K|Uck-City in the 80's to compete in the MVC of the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Nauseating more like.

Paying like K|Uck-City in the 80's to compete in the MVC of the 90's.
                I have a feeling we will be competing at a much higher level than that very soon ... as long as we keep playing ummm paying the game like it has to be done now.

As I have said before, at least the playing field has been leveled more than it ever has been, when competing for recruits.

Comment

Or, name 13 songs I have never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Or, name 13 songs I have never heard of.
                    and 10 guys I couldn't name without seeing the back of their jerseys

Comment

No Van Halen? No Def Leppard or Metallica??? What's our boys thinking? Lol.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Taylors story on Joy Ighovodja:

I'm ready to watch a game already....Is it time yet?
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

https://news.yahoo.com/nigerian-fres...ycsrp_catchall

A constant has been basketball, although the way WSU coach Paul Mills thinks about and talks about the game is different than anything Ighovodja has ever experienced.
                            “Joy has been very coachable and he’s actually improved as a shot-maker,” Mills said. “He probably had some jet lag during his first few practices, but he’s really improved as a shot-maker. He’s already a defensive menace, so if we can get him better as a shot-maker from a percentage standpoint and get his stamina up where his menacing skills can last a little bit longer, he is really going to have a presence.”
                            Love it that HCPM use the "shot-maker" terminology instead of using "shooter". How many times have we said on ShockerNet that we have abundance of shooters but a deficit of makers.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 23, 2023, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Love this quote:

“I really like that Coach believes in what I can do and what I can become,” Ighovodja said. “He holds me to that expectation. That’s been great because I’ve never had a coach who coaches you so hard not because of what he wants, but because he knows what you can do. That’s a great thing to have someone who wants the best out of me. Everyday I show up and think, ‘What can I do? How can I become better?’”

Comment

Noticed that Taylor mentions only DeGray as one who most likely won't be eligible to play this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X