• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More players to add later? Hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
      https://youtu.be/jh1bYDpnHLU?t=1517

Paul Mills speaks on the Field of 68 podcast. At the 26 min mark goes over some roster talk.
      I need more of this! The silence this year has been tough to deal with. I take what he said is as he’s being very picky with who he is recruiting. Exited for this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I need more of this! The silence this year has been tough to deal with. I take what he said is as he’s being very picky with who he is recruiting. Exited for this year!
        I wonder what the criteria is that he’s picky about. There was a ton of good talent floating, just curious why we didn’t land or hard go after? Especially after the baye comment from TE that he’d heard from coaches that they’re confident that we’d have a full roster locked down…which still hasn’t happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I wonder what the criteria is that he’s picky about. There was a ton of good talent floating, just curious why we didn’t land or hard go after? Especially after the baye comment from TE that he’d heard from coaches that they’re confident that we’d have a full roster locked down…which still hasn’t happened.
          Maybe, just maybe, high level talent in the portal isn’t always the easiest to appease and may not be good for team chemistry. Maybe he is carefully assembling a team that will work together.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Maybe, just maybe, high level talent in the portal isn’t always the easiest to appease and may not be good for team chemistry. Maybe he is carefully assembling a team that will work together.
            That's what I'm believing right now, right or wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

There is a LOT more to assembling a roster than just finding guys who can shoot and dribble.
              Player personal morals and ethics plus who is a good fit are just as important.
              Ask NMSU about recruiting Shitheads and what can and will happen!

You hear talk about successful teams and how the players get along and like each other.
              Quite simply, if you have a turd in the punchbowl, it ruins the drink for everyone else.

HCPM reminds one a lot of how FHCGM went about putting together the right group of players and personalities.
              There is a lot to be said about how guys get along in the locker room just as much as on the court.

There is method to the madness guys. Just exercise a bit of patience while HCPM and his crew go about their business.

That is all.
              Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Finding a way to get Kenny P. To stay was huge for me, Lining up an overseas series of 3 games also adds extra practices for Coach Mills to get a head start to get everyone acclimated to his System. His team's are often really good at keeping turnovers to a mild roar. I'm hoping somehow these 3 summer games would be where we can watch them.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Player personalities and what not are important, but so is talent. Nice guys that can't compete at this level don't do anyone any good.

There's not a ton of proven talent left. There's a lot of questionable talent that may have potential.

I'm not optimistic that we sign anyone else that will be a factor this coming season.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Player personalities and what not are important, but so is talent. Nice guys that can't compete at this level don't do anyone any good.

There's not a ton of proven talent left. There's a lot of questionable talent that may have potential.

I'm not optimistic that we sign anyone else that will be a factor this coming season.
                    I've been thinking Noam may be a possibility, which would explain why there's nothing being reported. Or possibly some HS players who got overlooked due to the portal.

The chances of an immediate impact grad trfr popping up in the portal at this time is fairly remote. It might actually be better to take a shot at getting some Fr on the roster instead of any more short-term players.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Player personalities and what not are important, but so is talent. Nice guys that can't compete at this level don't do anyone any good.

This approach seemed to work pretty good for KSU last year. The approach you are advocating for sounds like what has been transpiring here the last few years and we all know how that went. I’m okay with a different approach this year, and until I see the product on the court I’m not going to go all “gloom, despair, and agony on me”.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Sub,
                        I understand your point.
                        The right guys don't have to be nice guys. Just the right fit.
                        What you do not want is cocaine snorting, gun toting thugs - regardless of how good they can dribble, shoot and dunk.
                        Yes, there are coaches out there who tolerate those types...win at all costs.

And then you have the NMSU and Alabama shitholes and do you want to go that route - for a few questionable wins?
                        Not me!
                        It can be done and although winning with integrity may not be easy - but it can be done and without local law enforcement in the AD office every week.
                        Right now its May/June. Trust the process and the qualified people ADKS has signed on to get the job done.

That is all.
                        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                          What you do not want is cocaine snorting, gun toting thugs - regardless of how good they can dribble, shoot and dunk.
                          And then you have the NMSU and Alabama shitholes and do you want to go that route - for a few questionable wins?
                          Just for clarity, how many extra Q1s are we talkin' 'bout?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Worth a listen; a few nuggets and maybe a little faux pas…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe he'll do better against the top of the AAC than he did last year. It's possible.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X