Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxxxx View Post
    Did HCPM have a presser with any of the media yesterday following the introductory presser and is that posted anywhere?
    Was a guest on Sports Daily this morning.

Comment

• Jimmie's and Joe's make a lot of coaches look like a genius. Here's to hoping that with the added brand appeal of WSU over ORU, that Mills success (winning pct.) will trend upward.

Comment

• Here's something that stuck out to me from KS's comments. This is taken from his talks with p-layers.

...what players wanted to see in their next head coach. “They want to develop and be the best that they can be"

That was his first comment about what players wanted. It strikes me that development was something the players identified as missing in the program. That's pretty much in line with a lot of opinions on SN.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Anyone hear old man Bob crying about his show not being invited to the announcement ceremony yesterday? Seen him at maybe two games in the last couple of years, hope he doesn't brake his neck jumping on the coattails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Here's something that stuck out to me from KS's comments. This is taken from his talks with p-layers.

...what players wanted to see in their next head coach. “They want to develop and be the best that they can be"

That was his first comment about what players wanted. It strikes me that development was something the players identified as missing in the program. That's pretty much in line with a lot of opinions on SN.
            Definately heard comments from some of the players who left last year that they were glad to be at their new school in part because it would help their development.

Comment

• At their core, athletes want their coaches to make them better and put them in a position to succeed. That has been completely lacking the last few years especially the latter part.
              If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                I'm sure there are many others more familiar with the term than I am but I just thought it an interesting perspective.
                I skipped Googling it, because it's right in the title of the concept: "Servant Leader". As a leader you just imagine that your peasants are also servants, so you make them polish your silverware and cook for you, if they don't make their threes. My wife practices this style of leadership but calls it "Husband Leader".
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockadaisical View Post
                  Jimmie's and Joe's make a lot of coaches look like a genius. Here's to hoping that with the added brand appeal of WSU over ORU, that Mills success (winning pct.) will trend upward.
                  Yeah, so make damn sure you hire a coach that has demonstrated that he can gather the best Jimmys and Joes possible, given his particular situation.

Comment

• It’s funny to me how many fans were sour grapes on the hire yet elated now… I had the opposite feelings. Felt great about it from the get go but now I’m in the “show me mode” (which I fully expect him too). Show me your guys want to stay with you ; your good players (with free transfers) should be foaming at the mouth to transfer UP with you. It’s early but not to early

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                      It’s funny to me how many fans were sour grapes on the hire yet elated now… I had the opposite feelings. Felt great about it from the get go but now I’m in the “show me mode” (which I fully expect him too). Show me your guys want to stay with you ; your good players (with free transfers) should be foaming at the mouth to transfer UP with you. It’s early but not to early
                      Our fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. I don't expect many of the ORU players to transfer. Abmas stuck with ORU his entire career, despite, I imagine, bigger programs being in his ear. ORU didn't have a complete staff turnover after the hiring which will likely help keep that roster together. We should not judge Mills based on his past players leaving their program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mary Johnson
                        Sorry, I was misinformed about it and I feel bad about posting something that was that important. SORRY
                        Apology accepted. Buy more Ovaltine.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

Our fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. I don't expect many of the ORU players to transfer. Abmas stuck with ORU his entire career, despite, I imagine, bigger programs being in his ear. ORU didn't have a complete staff turnover after the hiring which will likely help keep that roster together. We should not judge Mills based on his past players leaving their program.
                          Exactly and ethically maybe Mills doesn't want to raid ORU and his previous assistant and friend that just took over the program.

We don't need Abmas....etc. Sure, I would love to have him and others. But if it doesn happen, its not an indictment on Mills.

Same as I won't blame Mills if other players transfer from our team. Just like Mills has said, it has to be a FIT. If they dont fit under Mills, then I dont blame them for moving on.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Stage one - disappointed without knowing more. Stage two, well, maybe this guy isn't so bad. Stage three can he retain our three best players and add at minimum a 3-4* PG and same at PF? Accomplish that and I will be pumped. Stage five, fill the arena consistently and compete for a league title every year. Stage six, advance at the dance a couple times.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                              It’s funny to me how many fans were sour grapes on the hire yet elated now… I had the opposite feelings. Felt great about it from the get go but now I’m in the “show me mode” (which I fully expect him too). Show me your guys want to stay with you ; your good players (with free transfers) should be foaming at the mouth to transfer UP with you. It’s early but not to early
                              Don't be surprised if none of ORU's players follow Mills. A coach with Mills' character will not try to steal players from his previous school. ORU promoted Mills' top assistant, so there's continuity in the program there. If players from ORU do show up at WSU, I have a feeling they will have to convince Mills, rather than Mills convincing them.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                                Anyone hear old man Bob crying about his show not being invited to the announcement ceremony yesterday? Seen him at maybe two games in the last couple of years, hope he doesn't brake his neck jumping on the coattails.
                                Is it true he was whining about not being invited?

Comment

Working...
                                X