X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    So yea .. nothing really showing great halftime adjustments. We've struggled coming out of half.
    Doesn't mean halftime adjustments weren't made. My captain obvious point is that the other guys are making adjustments as well.

I have no data to prove anything but over the course of the season some of you adjustments will work, some won't work and the same is true of the guys in the other locker room. And then you have to adjust to the other guys adjustments and the other guys have to adjust to your adjustments and the hope is wants it all nets out is that you figure out a way to score at least 1 more point at the end of the game than you your opponent has more often than the other guys do.

But this isn't always totally on the coaching staff. Hopefully, your players have enough BBIQ to adjust their play to what the other guys are doing and to the flow of the game. If Colby Rogers is on a heater you might want to look more for him instead of looking for your own scoring opportunities. At least until the other guys figure that out and take that away from you.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Guess we should bring IB back.
    ? What does that have to do with anything. Its just data man.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied

KP has a Q3 Score

SIU- Outscored us by 5.

SDSU - Outscored us by 7 (Also is ranked below us and we were at home)

​​​Missouri - We outscored them by 1

Liberty - We Outscored them by 1 (then were outscored by 15 in the "Q4" of the game)

Obviously Richmond was a positive.

So yea .. nothing really showing great halftime adjustments. We've struggled coming out of half.
    Guess we should bring IB back.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Three of those teams are ahead of WSU in Kenpom. So aren’t they supposed to outscore us? Actually I’m joking. What is the first 5-10 minutes of the second half look like? Just curious.
    KP has a Q3 Score

SIU- Outscored us by 5.

SDSU - Outscored us by 7 (Also is ranked below us and we were at home)

​​​Missouri - We outscored them by 1

Liberty - We Outscored them by 1 (then were outscored by 15 in the "Q4" of the game)

Obviously Richmond was a positive.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Three of those teams are ahead of WSU in Kenpom. So aren’t they supposed to outscore us?
    Maybe they're ahead of us because they outscored us

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied

We've played 5 Top 150 Kenpom teams. We have been outscored in the second half 4 of those 5 games (Richmond being the only one positive).

So not really when it matters.
    Three of those teams are ahead of WSU in Kenpom. So aren’t they supposed to outscore us? Actually I’m joking. What is the first 5-10 minutes of the second half look like? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Well, in fairness, you can’t go out and buy new talent at halftime
    With todays transfer rules .. are you really sure that's true?

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied

We've played 5 Top 150 Kenpom teams. We have been outscored in the second half 4 of those 5 games (Richmond being the only one positive).

Well, in fairness, you can’t go out and buy new talent at halftime

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Half time adjustments have actually been pretty good, and a big reason they have won as many games as they have.

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Half time adjustments have actually been pretty good, and a big reason they have won as many games as they have.
    Off the top of my head I'm thinking of the WKU, Saint Louis, and Richmond games as examples.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied

Now those adjustments just need to actually make a difference on the floor. We haven't had great second halfs for most of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

It’s so refreshing to see a game plan, and in-game adjustments. This is progress and I am excited to see how much better the team responds as the season rolls on.
    Now those adjustments just need to actually make a difference on the floor. We haven't had great second halfs for most of the year.

Leave a comment:

• Bluzrover
    replied
    Originally posted by shockrah View Post
    This thread may fit this article best?
    Eldridge article: "How a tiny detail helped decide winning and losing in Wichita State basketball game":

https://news.yahoo.com/tiny-detail-h...ycsrp_catchall
    It’s so refreshing to see a game plan, and in-game adjustments. This is progress and I am excited to see how much better the team responds as the season rolls on.

Leave a comment:

• shockrah
    replied
    This thread may fit this article best?
    Eldridge article: "How a tiny detail helped decide winning and losing in Wichita State basketball game":

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    It seems that the quotes and interviews with players have a different tone this year than they did last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X