nm
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've been on here for three years and I still don't know what "nm" means

Comment

NM

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
          I've been on here for three years and I still don't know what "nm" means
          Nm= never mind.
          commonly used to get rid of a post you wish you hadn't made.

Comment

i honestly thought it stood for namaste this entire time lol

Comment

MNM
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Doesn't UTSA already have plans to build a new arena or am I misremembering?
                I believe after they were announced to the AAC, their AD talked about them shifting their focus and building up basketball since they've established their football. Part of that was a larger arena and I believe that was also a commitment made in order to receive an invite.

I read a Dusty May article yesterday about FAU and everyone there acknowledge that their facilities are lacking but that they're working to improve things. I haven't seen specifics but they've apparently made a few upgrades since he took over.

If May stays at FAU, they're going to be dangerous next year. They play an exciting brand of unselfish ball and he seems like a likable guy and good coach. He'll have offers. I think someone mentioned him being linked to the Penn State job, which isn't a great job, but it's in the B1G and I'm sure it will pay better than what FAU can. I don't know what kind of boosters/backing FAU has to try and keep him around. Though if I were May, I might be willing to stay at FAU and wait for something better than PSU. Not that it's a **** job, but it's definitely not a great job. Though he's an Indiana guy and maybe getting back closer to home for he and his wife would be a draw.

North Texas will be interesting to watch should McCasland truly be the next guy up at Tech. They're a good team trending in the right direction but who knows what effect a coaching change like that would have and who they'd get to take over. Would they promote Associate Head Coach Ross Hodge? That might help keep things together. I don't know anything about Hodge to know if that would be a good idea or not. It will be interesting to see what happens with Braeuer if this all goes down. Would he potentially stay in Denton with Hodge or would he follow McCasland to Lubbock?

UAB will be a player assuming there are no changes down there. I haven't heard any rumors to suggest they'd be looking for a new coach.

Rice appears to be returning their top guys and have a nice recruiting class. I'm not sure how big of a jump they can make next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being a top 120 team or so. Would hope for better, but that would still be a pretty good jump. I don't remember where they finished the year as I know they stumbled a bit at the end of the season, but they spent much of the year around the 150 area.

Charlotte has an inconsistent year and just lost their big guy to the portal, but they're another school with a basketball focus and want to be better. Definitely another potential top 100 type of team. I haven't seen much about their recruiting or looked into who may be graduating. There's a reason to hope that they'll be solid though.

It will be interesting to see who is worse next year, UTSA or Tulsa. Both programs have lost the bulk of their roster and that's not necessarily a bad thing as their rosters were lacking.

Memphis should be a top team.
                FAU could be the top team if May stays and keeps his roster intact.
                UAB should be a top team.
                North Texas could be a top team depending on what happens in the coaching/roster after the NIT.

All of the above could very easily be top 50 programs.

We don't yet know what to expect out of Wichita as we don't know what the roster will look like or how Mills will recruit.
                Tulane should remain a pretty solid and improving team under Hunter. Wouldn't be surprised to see them move up the NET rankings again next year.
                ECU is improving but still has a ways to go.
                Charlotte is a team that will be in the next section of teams I would think.
                Rice has the potential to be in this middle group as well.

Temple doesn't yet have a coach so it's hard to predict. Though that's a program that should be better and could be in the above group with the right hire.
                SMU had a rough year but they also have the best NIL in the conference and could and should make moves to get better. Don't know if it'll happen next year, but they should be in the next group up.
                USF doesn't yet have a coach and probably won't be in the above group. It'll be interesting as they have good facilities and a nice location.
                Tulsa should get better as the new coach builds his team, but he's starting from a very low spot.
                UTSA is bad and we don't know enough about anything to believe there will be much improvement this year.

Having seven or so top 100 teams seems reasonable. Will probably have three sub 200 teams as well. Hopefully we can avoid 300+.

For the future, there's no reason that the top teams (with maybe an FAU exception) should stay generally pretty good. Wichita and Temple are programs that should be better and get back into that realm. Charlotte and Rice are a bit of wildcards as they both want to be better and are working towards improving facilities and other basketball investments.

I could see within five years or so that the AAC could generally have nine or ten top 100 teams most years. We just need to make sure we can get a few more in the top 30 consistently.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

UNT battles back in the second half to make the finals of the NIT
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    UNT battles back in the second half to make the finals of the NIT
                    Would be neat for the newbies to win the NCAA, NIT AND CBI lol. Nice postseason either way for the CUSAAC

Comment

Much like their football search, USF somehow bungles their way into a great coaching hire.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Much like their football search, USF somehow bungles their way into a great coaching hire.
                        I really like Amir. I've had reservations on if he is ready for a jump to the American, but the man has a lot of upside and could be one hell of an addition to the AAC
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

NIT Championship Game: Thursday @ 7:30pm
                          North Texas versus UAB

Here are how the NIT Championship Game participants faired, over the last five years, during the next season.
                          Year Champion Next Year Runner-up Next Year
                          2022 Xavier NCAA 3-seed; advanced to the Sweet 16 Texas A&M NCAA 7-seed; lost in the 1st-round
                          2021 Memphis NCAA 9-seed; advanced to the 2nd-round Mississippi State Retuned to the NIT
                          2020 No event: COVID - na - - na - - na -
                          2019 Texas Probably would have made it to NIT/NCAA Lipscomb Likely no post season; coach had left for better position
                          2018 Penn State No post season; had a losing record Utah No post season; finished 3rd in PAC-12
                          2017 TCU NCAA 6-seed; lost in the 1st-round Georgia Tech No post season; finished 13th in ACC

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

In 2021 they said part of their 10-year plan is to build a new, 10k seat arena. I believe they are in the fund-raising stage now, but just recently completed a new athletics training center. So donor fatigue may be a factor. I'd say it's vaporware until a more definite announcement.
                            My friend who works for a team in the AAC said he reached out to his counterpart at UTSA and they said the donations have been outrageous since they announced the AAC move and they have basically had any requests fulfilled they want. That Texas oil money baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              NIT Championship Game: Thursday @ 7:30pm
                              North Texas versus UAB

Here are how the NIT Championship Game participants faired, over the last five years, during the next season.
                              Year Champion Next Year Runner-up Next Year
                              2022 Xavier NCAA 3-seed; advanced to the Sweet 16 Texas A&M NCAA 7-seed; lost in the 1st-round
                              2021 Memphis NCAA 9-seed; advanced to the 2nd-round Mississippi State Retuned to the NIT
                              2020 No event: COVID - na - - na - - na -
                              2019 Texas Probably would have made it to NIT/NCAA Lipscomb Likely no post season; coach had left for better position
                              2018 Penn State No post season; had a losing record Utah No post season; finished 3rd in PAC-12
                              2017 TCU NCAA 6-seed; lost in the 1st-round Georgia Tech No post season; finished 13th in ACC
                              Sadly McCasland will be gone....or maybe that's a good thing for us?

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

My friend who works for a team in the AAC said he reached out to his counterpart at UTSA and they said the donations have been outrageous since they announced the AAC move and they have basically had any requests fulfilled they want. That Texas oil money baby!!
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X