Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

You need to chill out, grab a beer, and go to bed if someone’s opinion on a coach’s comment during a game bothers you that much. Have a good night.
    You thought enough of my comment to comment. Cool.

You didn’t get the joke. Cool.

You jump quickly to “Show me evidence”. Not cool.

You say “relax”. Bullshit

Seems you not only missed the point, you didn’t even get it when I spelled it out for you.

Officials don’t win or lose college basketball games. There is not a single successful coach who believes that. Players either make plays or they don’t. Period.

Losers blame officials.

Comment

• Lmao
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UConn moves into blueblood status, kicking KU out to the scraps.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

So Reese is completely innocent and Hurley is completely guilty?

Got it.
          What?

That is possibly the third most idiotic thing I have read today.

Every winning team team throws some sort of shade on losing teams throughout the game. FVV nuts hanging. Carl Hall with primal scream. Etc. etc. etc.

Caitlin Clark through shade on multiple opponents throughout the tournament while her team wa winning game after game.

Angel Reece threw shade while her team was completing a dominant championship game and setting records along the way. Caitlin understood and respected it. No one else did.

Joe Burrow and Baker Mayfield say hi by the way.

Comment

• Clark didn’t chase down a player for 10 seconds while a national title was commencing.

To even compare the two is laughable and hysterical at best.

DSB does this meltdown thing about twice a year. More so, if anything Louisiana gets involved. He’ll be up for another hour or two waiting to pounce in his haze.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

What?

That is possibly the third most idiotic thing I have read today.

Every winning team team throws some sort of shade on losing teams throughout the game. FVV nuts hanging. Carl Hall with primal scream. Etc. etc. etc.

Caitlin Clark through shade on multiple opponents throughout the tournament while her team wa winning game after game.

Angel Reece threw shade while her team was completing a dominant championship game and setting records along the way. Caitlin understood and respected it. No one else did.

Joe Burrow and Baker Mayfield say hi by the way.
              Reese is a hood rat who wouldn’t know class if it waved itself in front of her face. It was WAY too much to expect her to act like a mature winner. Especially given how her coach throws tantrums on the sideline.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Reese is a hood rat who wouldn’t know class if it waved itself in front of her face. It was WAY too much to expect her to act like a mature winner. Especially given how her coach throws tantrums on the sideline.
                so is Clark considered a hood rat for her antics as well? Or is she considered a respectable young lady with a competitive attitude?
                Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• If you can't difference between normal antics/trash talk and going out of your way to continue punching someone while they are already knocked down, I don't know what to tell you.

If Clark had continued to chase Reese around and rub it in her face, I would say the same thing; that it was classless.

I do remember Clark getting herself and her teammates into the handshake line after their huge upset over USC. I don't recall Reese doing the same thing after her team beat Iowa. If we want to discuss respect and competitive attitude.*

I get some people don't like any trash-talk/antics at all, but must people aren't calling out the usual stuff that goes one because it comes with the territory. When people feel someone goes over the top though, that when they call it out.

(*I get one was the semi-final and one was the championship, but I saw the UCONN men's team quick to shake the hands of SDSU after winning it all, so it can be done after winning a title)
                  The Assman

Comment

• Sixth Man of The Year Award
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Sixth Man of The Year Award
                      Did she have an uncle named Liberace?

Comment

• UCONN blew me away with their ball and player movement, their court vision and unselfishness, their passing and defense. They only had one
                        player go to the portal last year. They were clearly the class of the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Clark didn’t chase down a player for 10 seconds while a national title was commencing.

To even compare the two is laughable and hysterical at best.

DSB does this meltdown thing about twice a year. More so, if anything Louisiana gets involved. He’ll be up for another hour or two waiting to pounce in his haze.
                          To say the two aren't the same is laughable to me. I live in Iowa and i'm SO sick of this being overblown. Clark is an arrogant showboat who did it to Hailey Van Lith, she got it back at her when Reese did it. Either they're both in the wrong, or neither...to say they're different is ignorant at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

To say the two aren't the same is laughable to me. I live in Iowa and i'm SO sick of this being overblown. Clark is an arrogant showboat who did it to Hailey Van Lith, she got it back at her when Reese did it. Either they're both in the wrong, or neither...to say they're different is ignorant at best.
                            To ignore the context of when and how the showboating was done is also ignorant ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To ignore the context of when and how the showboating was done is also ignorant ...
                              No it's not. Clark did it when they were up big as well. If you can dish it, you can take it, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                UCONN blew me away with their ball and player movement, their court vision and unselfishness, their passing and defense. They only had one
                                player go to the portal last year. They were clearly the class of the field.
                                Agreed. It (the field) wasn't even close.

UCONN's defensive performance against the Hurricane in the 1st half Saturday was incredible, and they had no chance of recovering after that. And that defensive performance was secondary to their defensive blitzkrieg against the Razorbacks; Gonzaga's offense looked like a Cohen coached team last weekend against the Huskies. Really, the only performance equal to it in this year's tournament was the precise execution displayed by UCONN's well-oiled offense.

On a related note, it'll be interesting to seeing Pitino join the Big East next season. He'll have St. Johns good right away in this 'New Normal' that is now College Basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X