Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

No it's not. Clark did it when they were up big as well. If you can dish it, you can take it, period.
    That's ignoring literally chasing someone around the court trying to make sure you get in their face AFTER the game is over. I have no problem at all when she did it in game during FTs or whatever. But the last part moved from normal trash talking as part of the game to just classless. They are different whether you want to ignore it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Not sure how I’m going to look at your posts without DB’s photo on it either!!
      I don't miss the past AD picture. This is a new era. For the record, I don't even recall who nominated Fevers new pic in the original post.
      Now, there is a Mayoral Election this year, so it is quite possible we'll have to go through this again a few months from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post

so is Clark considered a hood rat for her antics as well? Or is she considered a respectable young lady with a competitive attitude?
        I was being a little facetious with DSB.

But for reasons others have laid out here, the situations are different. And Reese is a punk.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Nope the only way the situations are different is Clark is a little white girl, and Reese isn't. I despise the race card being pulled constantly, but that is 100% what this is.

Comment

Nope the only way the situations are different is Clark is a little white girl, and Reese isn't. I despise the race card being pulled constantly, but that is 100% what this is.
            Following someone around to taunt them when the game is over is a bad look, no matter who is doing it. That's all that really needs to be said on this topic.

Comment

Nope the only way the situations are different is Clark is a little white girl, and Reese isn't. I despise the race card being pulled constantly, but that is 100% what this is.
              No single person but you have mentioned race in this.

Two different situations that have nothing to do with race.

Comment

• Caitlin Clark is an incredible player and fun to watch, but I don't like her 'showboating' antics and hope she 'tones' it down next season. I wish more stars would take the 'Tekele Cotton' and 'Ross McBurney' approach. Showboating definitely wasn't a part of the game back in my day, where idiots were immediately met with a knuckle sandwich...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I don’t watch very much women’s basketball, but judging from what I saw in the final 4, it seems that taunting is tolerated more in the women’s games. In the men’s game, players who have momentary lapses of judgment getting in the face of the opposition are t’d up if a ref sees it. I think these hand gestures are silly. Making good plays are what you are supposed to do. Get back on defense and do it again as Tekele did after his big dunks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                    I don’t watch very much women’s basketball, but judging from what I saw in the final 4, it seems that taunting is tolerated more in the women’s games. In the men’s game, players who have momentary lapses of judgment getting in the face of the opposition are t’d up if a ref sees it. I think these hand gestures are silly. Making good plays are what you are supposed to do. Get back on defense and do it again as Tekele did after his big dunks.
                    The only thing T worthy is tossing a ball out of the way so you can huddle with your team .. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The only thing T worthy is tossing a ball out of the way so you can huddle with your team .. lol
                      I finally saw why she got the T and that was ridiculous. The justification from the refs afterward are even more ridiculous.

I didn't watch any of the women's tournament, unless I caught glimpses of games while hanging out in Andover, but I haven't seen any videos or stills of the Iowa girl getting in peoples faces to do the Cena thing. That's all I've seen of the LSU girl.

If that's accurate, then they definitely aren't the same. Chasing someone down to get in their face about something is a lot different than just doing it randomly or whatever. I've only ever seen clips of the Iowa girl doing it while back peddling to play D after she hit a shot. It's still dumb, as are most any three point celebration by the guys or girls (unless it's a game winning shot), but doesn't rise to the level of what I seen from the LSU girls who appeared to go out of her way to get in her face and do it.

If the Iowa girl did something similar, then she's a piece of **** too. If he just did it after a shot and getting back on D as I've seen in clips, then she's just annoying.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, that was wild.

Maybe even worse then last year when Mark Few got a T for literally pointed up at the video board about a call he thought was wrong.
                        The Assman

Comment

No single person but you have mentioned race in this.

Two different situations that have nothing to do with race.
                          Agree completely. The national media, mostly the black media, trying to make this about race is ridiculous. Also ridiculous that the rest of the media, for most part, doesn't have the balls to counter them.

Comment

• I agree with that I think celebrating/showboating every. single. play. is silly ("too little" when backing someone down, all the 3-pointer celebrations, etc.), but EVERYONE does it now; men and women. It just comes with the territory of modern basketball.

What most player don't do is chase someone down after the battle is over to rub it in their face directly. That is bush league, If any Shocker player did that, I would be severely disappointed in them.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                              I agree with that I think celebrating/showboating every. single. play. is silly ("too little" when backing someone down, all the 3-pointer celebrations, etc.), but EVERYONE does it now; men and women. It just comes with the territory of modern basketball.

What most player don't do is chase someone down after the battle is over to rub it in their face directly. That is bush league, If any Shocker player did that, I would be severely disappointed in them.
                              Its like what Erik Stevenson did at UCONN .... running around talking trash after the game. I think most of us have the same opinion of TP for antics like this and it has nothing to do with race.

Comment

Its like what Erik Stevenson did at UCONN .... running around talking trash after the game. I think most of us have the same opinion of TP for antics like this and it has nothing to do with race.
                                ... and I believe Marshall sent his a$$ to UCONN's locker-room to apologize... unfortunately, ES and his daddy didn't approve.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X