Who Has Time To Work - NCAA Tournament Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    FAU is the first 9-seed to make the final 4 since Wichita State.
    And the first C-USA since Memphis
    The Assman

Comment

• Good luck to anyone trying to beat UConn. Sheesh.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Good luck to anyone trying to beat UConn. Sheesh.
        They look damn good.
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
          I've always thought that when one of the D1 programs in the state does well, the other ones benefit. It raises the profile of basketball in the state. If KU wins a national championship, people from outside the state notice that there's good basketball in Kansas. Maybe kids who can't get in to KU start looking at WSU and K-State because they see that the state of Kansas has good basketball. KU wins a natty in 2008, then two years later K-State is in the Elite Eight, then three years later WSU is in the Final Four. KU wins another national championship, then the next year K-State is in an Elite Eight or Final Four if they win tomorrow. Now WSU has to make another tournament run in the next few years, which it seems like we now have the coach to do it.
          I get the sentiment but I don’t think it works that way.

Comment

• As good as UCONN looks, Gonzaga looks bad. But UCONN has a lot to do with that. I’d say they’re the best team remaining, but anything can happen in one game.

Comment

• UConn is definitely good. And would be winning this game no matter what.

But Gonzaga is just doing horrible. Looking like the Shockers offense during November. Missing bunnies....etc.

UConn and Texas probably two best teams left, but who knows. Just too bad they are on the same side of the bracket.
              Last edited by shockerfan; March 25, 2023, 10:11 PM.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I'll admit I'm turning into a big Tang fan.

Comment

• Maybe Tang is on a recruiting mission lol. He seems to be a stand-up guy. Hard not to like the guy except when they play us…

Comment

• And just think we maybe get to play the owls twice next year. We need to find some dudes.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      I'll admit I'm turning into a big Tang fan.

Hard for me not to be cynical here. Coach K would pull this stuff a lot like it was some honor for the opposing team to just hear from him. And I’ve been a big fan of Tang up until this point.

Not to mention, he’ll want to get guys in the portal.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• You're right that this is a great PR ploy even if he was genuine in his praise. This will be how he is remembered rather than the losing coach at the end of the game.

Comment

• Tang is a "good" guy, and Tang is a "smart" guy. I don't think Tang is a one hit wonder.

After Weber and KSU beat Brown and WSU last year at Intrust Bank Arena, I was unimpressed with KSU, and Brown had lost any support I still had for him. WSU was terrible in that game too (obviously worse than Weber and KSU), and it was a game we should have won. We knew that KSU was not good, and that game told me all I needed to know about Isaac Brown at WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            Tang is a "good" guy, and Tang is a "smart" guy. I don't think Tang is a one hit wonder.

After Weber and KSU beat Brown and WSU last year at Intrust Bank Arena, I was unimpressed with KSU, and Brown had lost any support I still had for him. WSU was terrible in that game too (obviously worse than Weber and KSU), and it was a game we should have won. We knew that KSU was not good, and that game told me all I needed to know about Isaac Brown at WSU.
                            100% agree. This was really the beginning of the end for me as well

Comment

• The euphemism ‘always be shaving’ comes to mind here. I’m sure he is a great guy, but every time Tang gets one of these PR boosts it adds value to his brand.

Comment

• I believe it was genuine.

That doesn’t mean he doesn’t see benefits from it though.

The two can both be true.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X