SOURCES: Brown out at Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

there appear to bew quite a few people in Wichita who were glad to see Marshall resign because he was so mean. Those same people are upset that Brown was fired because he was such a nce guy.

Those people have not figured out that winning games is what pays the bills. They also haven't participated in sports in a competitive environment. I don't remember many "nice" coaches all the way back to the grade school level.
    One of the best coaches I had growing up would say "You think I am mean? You are tired of me yelling and picking on you? There is one way to shut me up"

And of course we all knew what we had to do to shut him up. Lol

Some of the best coaches I had weren't very "nice". Especially on the field or in practice. But I respected the hell out of them.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      There is a reason traditional media is dying out. Why do I want to hear some west coast transplant talk trash about my university and town?
      Because they are smart and better people than us inbred, backwater, simpletons.....
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

there appear to bew quite a few people in Wichita who were glad to see Marshall resign because he was so mean. Those same people are upset that Brown was fired because he was such a nce guy.

Those people have not figured out that winning games is what pays the bills. They also haven't participated in sports in a competitive environment. I don't remember many "nice" coaches all the way back to the grade school level.
        I had a college baseball coach once tell me "No coach is going to waste time coaching someone that they don't see potential in, so the harder you're being coached means they see a lot in you. If you aren't being coached, take that as a sign" That stuck with me forever.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; March 21, 2023, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Should IB fail to land a lower level D1 HC or good D1 assistant job, here's a possible landing spot:

Mississippi Gulf Coast Opens (juco)

Comment

• I hope he lands somewhere better than that, he deserves better. A lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I hope he lands somewhere better than that, he deserves better. A lot better.
              You are 1000% correct......while hoping the Shockers land a great coach, and while recognizing that IB had room to grow, he was HARDLY the disaster that the couch potato, armchair, probably never even played experts here believd him to be, it would be funny to me if the next coach is less appealing than IB....

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

it would be funny to me if the next coach is less appealing than IB....
                I don't see that happening
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

You are 1000% correct......while hoping the Shockers land a great coach, and while recognizing that IB had room to grow, he was HARDLY the disaster that the couch potato, armchair, probably never even played experts here believd him to be, it would be funny to me if the next coach is less appealing than IB....
                  I just thought that our AD did a bad job by not executing a search for which coaches were available, and then handing IB (with no experience) a $1 Million-$1.5 Million a year contract over 6 years. Then, I was willing to give him a chance, but the 2021 (fall Semester) was a disaster (against several teams and especially with no team ball in games we should have won, and it didn't get better in spring of 2022. Actually the spring of 2023 was his best coaching job (but imo too late). This transition from GM to another coach had many disasters wrapped up in it, and we lost ground from where we were.

Comment

Well, I wonder why you would find that funny? We need a great hire to get us back anywhere close to the Marshall years.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I hope he lands somewhere better than that, he deserves better. A lot better.
                      I agree, and think a juco HC would be third on the list of categorical options. But it is in his home territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I just thought that our AD did a bad job by not executing a search for which coaches were available, and then handing IB (with no experience) a $1 Million-$1.5 Million a year contract over 6 years. Then, I was willing to give him a chance, but the 2021 (fall Semester) was a disaster (against several teams and especially with no team ball in games we should have won, and it didn't get better in spring of 2022. Actually the spring of 2023 was his best coaching job (but imo too late). This transition from GM to another coach had many disasters wrapped up in it, and we lost ground from where we were.
                        The contract was such a massive blunder. That alone should have thrown up red flags even for an interim President, who approved it. Even Gregg Marshall, who had numerous NCAA appearances under his belt from Winthrop started out around $750k. I believe. DB has zero business sense whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

Well, I wonder why you would find that funny? We need a great hire to get us back anywhere close to the Marshall years.
                          I would think it 'funny' that the brilliant hoops minds here perhaps helped undermined a growing coach and ended with a lesser one....sometimes karma shows up.

But, no...I WANT WSU to hire a great coach...kind of enjoying the angst among the great unwashed, though........

Comment

I would think it 'funny' that the brilliant hoops minds here perhaps helped undermined a growing coach and ended with a lesser one....sometimes karma shows up.

But, no...I WANT WSU to hire a great coach...kind of enjoying the angst among the great unwashed, though........
                            Thank you for referring to me as a "brilliant hoops mind", and clarifying that you want WSU to hire a great coach. I'm not sure I understand your references to "karma" and "unwashed" though. Are they both religious parallels, and if so, do they fit together? Asking for a friend.

Comment

A lesser coach then Isaac Brown!? I really don't think that is possible. How in the world are there people who actually defend him!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Thank you for referring to me as a "brilliant hoops mind", and clarifying that you want WSU to hire a great coach. I'm not sure I understand your references to "karma" and "unwashed" though. Are they both religious parallels, and if so, do they fit together? Asking for a friend.
                                Well, they both beg definition....'karma' here is the crowd that dismissed Brown early and often, and yet there is NO GUARANTEE that someone better will show up....and the 'great unwashed 'is a term loosely for experts in a field they have no expertise in, or power or influence....I'm in that group as well....

Comment

Working...
                                X