The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Our old pal Cisse is headed to Ole Miss.
    Likely to sit out a year, but if he plays this season they'll be able to alternate him and Jamarion Sharp (7'5" C from Western Kentucky).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Career numbers
      41% FG
      40% 3pt
      83% FT
      2.0/1.3 Asst/TO
      10 PPG (14 and 15 ppg the last 2 years)

Yea .. I'd take that .. Not sure its the "PG" we are needing ... but sure looks like a solid scorer with some PG abilities
      Seems like more of a SG than a PG based on the numbers, and his finishing at the rim is mediocre, but I can't dismiss 40% from deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Seems like more of a SG than a PG based on the numbers, and his finishing at the rim is mediocre, but I can't dismiss 40% from deep.
        Definitely a 2. I LOVE it when we have 2's learning how to play the 1. So awesome. The way they throw bullets right at their man. The BEST. Love watching them get eaten up in a full court press. So great. Just love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! LOOOOOoooOoOOOOooOve the hesitation when their guy makes an excellent cut and they are reacting instead of anticipating so they're not sure if they can get it to him in time. I mean THAT's good high level D1 ball, bay bay! And telegraph those cross court passes before you sling it through the forest of trees, by all means! Bring more of THAT! And, hey, I'm usually a shooting guard so I should just dribble out the clock and chuck this, right?? LOVE IT!

TWOs! TWOs! TWOs! If one is good then two is better! TWOs! TWOs! TWOs!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Definitely a 2. I LOVE it when we have 2's learning how to play the 1. So awesome. The way they throw bullets right at their man. The BEST. Love watching them get eaten up in a full court press. So great. Just love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! LOOOOOoooOoOOOOooOve the hesitation when their guy makes an excellent cut and they are reacting instead of anticipating so they're not sure if they can get it to him in time. I mean THAT's good high level D1 ball, bay bay! And telegraph those cross court passes before you sling it through the forest of trees, by all means! Bring more of THAT! And, hey, I'm usually a shooting guard so I should just dribble out the clock and chuck this, right?? LOVE IT!

TWOs! TWOs! TWOs! If one is good then two is better! TWOs! TWOs! TWOs!
          It's even worse when you think you have a 1 and it ends up being a 2. It just leaves a mess everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's even worse when you think you have a 1 and it ends up being a 2. It just leaves a mess everywhere.
            Heckuva point, especially at a restaurant or similar.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Comment

• It seems that the only thing we know is what we don't know.

Comment

• How could we not want a 6'-9" power forward from Kentucky recruiting level? Photo coming back as good as he is shouldn't negate going after the dunking position. Would be nice to have a 6'-9" Kentucky recruit to complement Photo and company me thinks. Maybe I'm way off on TE's Twitter post....
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                    How could we not want a 6'-9" power forward from Kentucky recruiting level? Photo coming back as good as he is shouldn't negate going after the dunking position. Would be nice to have a 6'-9" Kentucky recruit to complement Photo and company me thinks. Maybe I'm way off on TE's Twitter post....
                    No offense to TE, but has he gotten any inside Info on recruiting to this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

No offense to TE, but has he gotten any inside Info on recruiting to this point?
                      Correct, under this administration, he is as clueless as the rest of us

Comment

• Recruiting info isn't restricted to just the staff. He can reach out to others who also have info.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Recruiting info isn't restricted to just the staff. He can reach out to others who also have info.
                          Not sure who those people are, but Taylor is the type to get info directly from the source, not second hand rumors

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not sure who those people are, but Taylor is the type to get info directly from the source, not second hand rumors
                            The recruit and those close to him often have good information as well. It's not like Taylor has never reached out to those people in the past. He's written articles on potential recruits after having talked directly to them or their coaches. Has the staff asked him not to do that? Is he obeying them? If so, Taylor becomes a lot less valuable outside of game articles and essentially becomes another simple mouthpiece like Sully.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The recruit and those close to him often have good information as well. It's not like Taylor has never reached out to those people in the past. He's written articles on potential recruits after having talked directly to them or their coaches. Has the staff asked him not to do that? Is he obeying them? If so, Taylor becomes a lot less valuable outside of game articles and essentially becomes another simple mouthpiece like Sully.
                              yes, I have to wonder if he was asked not pry too much if he wants good info later

Comment

• TE gets a lot of good and not so good second and third hand information on recruiting that some of us get and usually in much higher volume.. Unlike us, however, he can’t just report everything he hears, as he cares about journalist integrity unlike most of the “insiders” on Twitter. He gets a tip on a recruit and gets it wrong, he can’t just go to another recruit involved with another school like the national level gossip columnists do to rehab his reputation.

So in order to validate his tips, he must have a relationship built with someone in the department who has enough credibility or job security to “leak” information. Until that happens, you won’t hear much of anything from him but if you do it will be more than likely very accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X