The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Yes. This is one of SO many issues with the scenario. All of which are PAUL MILLS FAULT.
    You seem to be of the opinion that HCPM is responsible for nothing and everything is out of his control. I'm the opposite. He's responsible for making it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You seem to be of the opinion that HCPM is responsible for nothing and everything is out of his control. I'm the opposite. He's responsible for making it happen.
      Nope not at all.

I unfortunately do feel the need to try to publicly defend him a bit here. Mostly because you have already made up your mind negatively about the hire. And lets it cloud all his or hers opinion about everything.

I’m just calling balls and strikes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I’m just calling balls and strikes.
        And like most umpires ... Do it very poorly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And like most umpires ... Do it very poorly.
          Nope. Just don’t have preconceived notions. You’re wacky.

Comment

• I think it's way too early to have feelings this strong one way or another. This isn't how I pictured it going after all the swirling rumors and excitement a couple weeks ago, but I'm not at all worried yet with 4 scholarships left. There's solid players entering the portal everyday and 1500+ transfers without a home yet not even counting JUCO guys or high school recruits. I'm way more excited to see how the team performs together, the new play style, defensive plans, rather than the individual accolades on the roster this year. If we get a big name transfer great, but I just don't think it's required. I think we're going to have an experienced team no matter what which goes a long ways. If you don't have a big scorer on the team someone will emerge as the go-to. It's just how it works.

However, I do think 20 wins should be the year 1 goal. We had 17 last year (could have easily been over 20 if we pull out some of those late game losses). That team was heavily rebuilt (damn every year the shockers are almost fully rebuilding). I would think the goal would be to improve on last year at a minimum.

I'll definitely give Mills a pass year one if he needs it. Year 2 I'll be way less forgiving, but I think most importantly we need fan support no matter what happens this first year. Fan support is how you get guys that want to come and want to stay. A little bit of blind faith could go a long ways to rebuilding this program. I'm just going to enjoy having real press conferences again and a new offense to analyze. If we win while we're at it all the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCount View Post
              I think it's way too early to have feelings this strong one way or another. This isn't how I pictured it going after all the swirling rumors and excitement a couple weeks ago, but I'm not at all worried yet with 4 scholarships left. There's solid players entering the portal everyday and 1500+ transfers without a home yet not even counting JUCO guys or high school recruits. I'm way more excited to see how the team performs together, the new play style, defensive plans, rather than the individual accolades on the roster this year. If we get a big name transfer great, but I just don't think it's required. I think we're going to have an experienced team no matter what which goes a long ways. If you don't have a big scorer on the team someone will emerge as the go-to. It's just how it works.

However, I do think 20 wins should be the year 1 goal. We had 17 last year (could have easily been over 20 if we pull out some of those late game losses). That team was heavily rebuilt (damn every year the shockers are almost fully rebuilding). I would think the goal would be to improve on last year at a minimum.

I'll definitely give Mills a pass year one if he needs it. Year 2 I'll be way less forgiving, but I think most importantly we need fan support no matter what happens this first year. Fan support is how you get guys that want to come and want to stay. A little bit of blind faith could go a long ways to rebuilding this program. I'm just going to enjoy having real press conferences again and a new offense to analyze. If we win while we're at it all the better.
              Perfectly reasoned take.

Agree on almost all points. Excited to be there on Nov. 6.

Comment

• I think Stickboy needs a seat on staff because it’s pretty apparent he knows more than the coaching staff does.

Not even 3 weeks in and judgments are being made. Some people are out of their ****ing minds.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Walton signed on May 12 last year. There will be plenty of quality players in the portal for several weeks to come

Comment

• Has anyone seen or talked to Pohto lately?

Comment

• I dropped of my SASO renewal last week and he was practicing with the team and the new coaching staff in Koch Arena.

Comment

• Since this topic has become a catch all topic, the Eagle/TE had an article announcing the addition of Lipscond to the schedule it was announced the Eagle had made an open records request from WSU concerning the whole schedule for next year and was waiting for WSU to comply. This sounds so strange to have to request something like this is needed rather than being made public through its media relations. I can see keeping coaching searches and possible recruiting close to the vest but is this a sign of things to come. Is TE being frozen out? Certainly hope not. My other question concerning the article was about Pierrre as was mentioned that he never returned from spring break so how could he even be eligible to transfer or remain here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Has anyone seen or talked to Pohto lately?
                          He was at Sunrise last week with his mom. FWIW.

Comment

• [QUOTE=pogo;n1395240 My other question concerning the article was about Pierrre as was mentioned that he never returned from spring break so how could he even be eligible to transfer or remain here.[/QUOTE]

Great question. Would love to know that as well.

Comment

• The more time that passes, the more the leverage switches to the school’s favor. The best portal kids are gonna get snagged up and paid big bucks. The rest are gonna have to take what they can get. They aren’t all worth a whole lot more than walking around money.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                Since this topic has become a catch all topic, the Eagle/TE had an article announcing the addition of Lipscond to the schedule it was announced the Eagle had made an open records request from WSU concerning the whole schedule for next year and was waiting for WSU to comply. This sounds so strange to have to request something like this is needed rather than being made public through its media relations. I can see keeping coaching searches and possible recruiting close to the vest but is this a sign of things to come. Is TE being frozen out? Certainly hope not. My other question concerning the article was about Pierrre as was mentioned that he never returned from spring break so how could he even be eligible to transfer or remain here.
                                Regarding the schedule, this happens every year. The school will release the non-con schedule only once everything is finalized, so TE tries to get info in advance on what they do have scheduled.
                                Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; May 3, 2023, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X