The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Meeting on Zoom vs. official visit or in-home visit are not the same thing.
    Today’s educators would disagree, they think its better

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

That’s a broad brush. I would guess a large, large chunk would refute that. My wife being one of them.
      78-65

Comment

Dumbest statement on a board full of dumb statements

Comment

• Sounds like touched someone’s sore spot. Guess you guys don’t have kids in college that have 2 options for live classes and are being pushed to do online so they can educate more kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

That’s a broad brush. I would guess a large, large chunk would refute that. My wife being one of them.
            Not an educator, but conducted hundreds of on-line meetings mostly hosting but also as an attendee. I work for a company that pioneered the technology (I was just a dumb user). Good for multiple users in dispersed locations with a set agenda and primarily updates. One on one not so good. One hour face to face worth 2 or 3 hours online. Way to impersonal. Better than voice only or not meeting at all.

Comment

• Tulsa got a commitment from former LaTech player Cobe Williams.

ECU loses Javon Small

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If he didn't have that whole situation with Jamie Dixon, I would take him in a second.

As is, buyer beware.
                Yep. See two posts above. I agree.

Comment

Sounds like touched someone’s sore spot. Guess you guys don’t have kids in college that have 2 options for live classes and are being pushed to do online so they can educate more kids.
                  2 kids at wsu. In person and online available for all their classes so far. As a public school educator, I don't know a single teacher who wants to go back online.

Comment

• I don't know what ADKS said to the team but I am surprised that there hasn't been more jumping ship. Not surprised about Flanagan and Scott, but there are several others that I was expecting. This is not like the last few years so far. I think it's a good thing and it makes me feel that there is something good coming our way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                      I don't know what ADKS said to the team but I am surprised that there hasn't been more jumping ship. Not surprised about Flanagan and Scott, but there are several others that I was expecting. This is not like the last few years so far. I think it's a good thing and it makes me feel that there is something good coming our way.
                      I was wondering about that. Did ADKS address the players before/after the Brown announcement? Would love to know how that speech went.

Comment

• ShockTop This ADKS speech could use a transcript like the Turgeon call.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but isn't this the least number of players in the portal at this stage in the last 4 or 5 years? Of those in the portal, the only one that really stings is Pohto.

So far it's looking nothing like the Burton, Sherfield, Stevenson exodus
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 480 in the D-1 portal as of today…

Comment

• Jadan Coleman from Tulane has entered.

Temple loses another with Nick Jourdain.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X