Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State: vs South Florida (03/05/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Just curious if anyone is tracking how these dollars are being used. Is RCIV on a car dealership ad? Is Arkansas selling his jersey?
    Just an example, but I heard Grady Dick at KU has made around $100k off licensing of jerseys and tshirts with his name and number on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
      I think that’s a great question about Ricky, but I don’t really understand what any of the athletes do for the money. I was pretty sure I heard last year that our NIL came up with something for CP3 (maybe a car?), but what did he do in return? That’s where it all gets confusing to me.
      They don't have to do much. Just allow someone to use their name or image in any advertising, I believe. But I don't believe that is even mandatory. If the payer / donor decides not to use the athlete, I believe it's still within the nil guidelines (if there are guidelines).

But I read an article that said nil deals mostly run 24 -48 K. Give me room, board and 2k a month as a single guy in my early 20s and Id live just fine.

Comment

• Listen to ADKS.

"Most" NIL deals are for around a hundred dollars. The mean is something like $6-700. Guys like Ricky are the exception, not the norm and it's a BIG exception.

I still believe this buying of players (all but the top very few...say 25 ish football and men's basketball) for big money is not sustainable. We're already hearing story after story about deals that haven't been lived up to all across the country. Promises were made and in many cases, not met. I very well may be wrong, but I don't see, for instance, a program like Miss State paying all their football players 50K AND their "stars" 100-500K to finish mid to low SEC every year. I just don't see it. It's not like the money is coming from TV deals. People aren't going to pay year after year after year hoping to win or "just so we're not terrible".....at least that's how I see it.

I think the water will find a level in the next 5 years or so that level is going to be very very shallow. And yes, the next sure fire Heisman QB will get a million and the next gorgeous leggy blonde that shakes her ass on TikTok in spanx for her volleyball team will too. They will be the exception. And for what? The Cavender twins got Miami 7th in the ACC (whoop) and Livy Dunne hasn't completed a single exercise this year for LSU.

Comment

• Give the kids a cut of whatever merchandise is sold with their name number or picture and let retailers pay them to endorse products or show up for autograph sessions. It's not that difficult but it seems like these things would cover 95% of the NIL activities.

Comment

• Those girls aren't paid for performance on the floor. Bounce the top and shake the bottom and they sell makeup and clothes. Chicks these days are built to act and dress like sluts. It started before the Kardashians but they have prefected the training of future slu.....errr, I mean ladies ( termed very loosely).

Give me a cute little hippy chick from the 60s and 70's (minus the ones with hairy armpits, legs and untrimmed bushes ) any day over these pathetic examples of women.
            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 6, 2023, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Listen to ADKS.

"Most" NIL deals are for around a hundred dollars. The mean is something like $6-700. Guys like Ricky are the exception, not the norm and it's a BIG exception.

I still believe this buying of players (all but the top very few...say 25 ish football and men's basketball) for big money is not sustainable. We're already hearing story after story about deals that haven't been lived up to all across the country. Promises were made and in many cases, not met. I very well may be wrong, but I don't see, for instance, a program like Miss State paying all their football players 50K AND their "stars" 100-500K to finish mid to low SEC every year. I just don't see it. It's not like the money is coming from TV deals. People aren't going to pay year after year after year hoping to win or "just so we're not terrible".....at least that's how I see it.

I think the water will find a level in the next 5 years or so that level is going to be very very shallow. And yes, the next sure fire Heisman QB will get a million and the next gorgeous leggy blonde that shakes her ass on TikTok in spanx for her volleyball team will too. They will be the exception. And for what? The Cavender twins got Miami 7th in the ACC (whoop) and Livy Dunne hasn't completed a single exercise this year for LSU.
              They might not contribute much to the big picture at their suitors, but they sure can put one hell of a hole in wherever they came from.

Comment

• So much material, so little time...
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  Those girls aren't paid for performance on the floor. Bounce the top and shake the bottom and they sell makeup and clothes. Chicks these days are built to act and dress like sluts. It started before the Kardashians but they have prefected the training of future slu.....errr, I mean ladies ( termed very loosely).

Give me a cute little hippy chick from the 60s and 70's (minus the ones with hairy armpits, legs and untrimmed bushes ) any day over these pathetic examples of women.
                  What the ****, dude. Classic incel.
                  The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

6 figures?
                    Mike Kennedy has said that Council got $250,000 and the word is that Dennis got $200,000.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Mike Kennedy has said that Council got $250,000 and the word is that Dennis got $200,000.
                      That is quite the quote. My Google can't find it.

Comment

• The NCAA tried to say that the athletes actually have to do something to earn their NIL, but there appears to be a loophole you sail a cruise liner through.

Some "entrepreneur" could purchase the NIL rights from an athlete. That would give the"entrepreneur" exclusive rights to the use of that player's NIL. If the "entrepreneur" then decided not to use the player, it wouldn't be on the player that they did nothing for the $$. That would be a blatant violation of the intent of the NCAA, but that's not going to stop anybody from doing it.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

What the ****, dude. Classic incel.
                          No, I love women. Been married to the same one for almost 50 years. She's an x-hippie chick like I described. If you like the slut look, that's cool. But not for me. Fake boobs, oversized lips, green, purple and pink hair, 2 inch fake eyelashes, too much makeup and show their butts and boobs everytime they get a chance. They make it very easy for the trannies to emulate.
                          You best do a crotch check before dating that type.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            South Florida ain't very friggin good.
                            they had just won three games in a row, but the shockers made them look like a swac team. the shocker defense made the bulls look like they didn't know if they were coming or going. highly impressive. consistenly beating south florida to loose balls, floor burns, outhustling them, beginning to end.

your comment reminds me of when wsu played houston tough in koch arena two weeks ago, and the talk around here the next day was that houston must be severely overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

they had just won three games in a row, but the shockers made them look like a swac team. the shocker defense made the bulls look like they didn't know if they were coming or going. highly impressive. consistenly beating south florida to loose balls, floor burns, outhustling them, beginning to end.

your comment reminds me of when wsu played houston tough in koch arena two weeks ago, and the talk around here the next day was that houston must be severely overrated.
                              Hilarious that you used SWAC team as your reference.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Listen to ADKS.

There is a WSU girl track athlete attending our church whose NIL deal I looked up… it’s very small potato’s ….most things appearance related … top level $50

Comment

Working...
                                X