Wichita State Triple Doubles = Rare Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Assuming SBT is referring to NBA and not NCAA play, but not really sure what he’s talking about?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_McDaniel
    Remember when X had surgery after his Junior year and was only decent his Sr. season? Me neither.

I was always proud of the fact that X was voted Rookie of The Year (Co Rookie).
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; February 28, 2023, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wow I didn't scroll down enough to catch all of that goodness! I thought the top page was the end of it!
      I thought perusing the advertisements was kind of interesting. Check out the box asking readers to support the advertisers in the bottom right corner of page 7.

Comment

I'm 'giddy' looking at the 1927 Sunflower. Note "McBurney's Record" column and "The Wheatshockers - 1927" team photo. Tell me Ross's jersey shouldn't be hanging in the rafters with all the other greats. It's a travesty not to have him properly honored and recognized. '72, your truly 'historical' find might be the one to finally get it done. It's all there in black and white (maybe a little yeller)... and Captain Harold Reynolds (he was the ultimate Captain)... things that make you say hmmmm...

I liked the short story Coach told: He said that McBurney didn't even know he made All-American because he was in love.

Comment

“The Wheatshockers - 1927” team photo would make a cool poster with “McBurney Record” inset somehow. Get on that Kung!
          More of 'The Man' page 6 below.

Thanks again to '72... he's also 'The Man'.

Sunflower, March 04, 1927 (wichita.edu)

P.S. Some really cool advertisements.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

More of 'The Man' page 6 below.

Thanks again to '72... he's also 'The Man'.

Sunflower, March 04, 1927 (wichita.edu)

P.S. Some really cool advertisements.
            Interesting article on page 2:

Paragraph from: Automobile Believed To Be Unnecessary as Educational Equipment:

It is probable that student owned automobiles will be tabood in our colleges, for the students, in general, who own cars have the poorest records of attendance and of conduct. Student-owned cars will never be popular until the student learns to use it with moderation and to harmonize it with the business of acquiring an education.

One of the Associate Editors has a name I haven't seen before: Frost Tinklepaugh

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Interesting article on page 2:

Paragraph from: Automobile Believed To Be Unnecessary as Educational Equipment:

It is probable that student owned automobiles will be tabood in our colleges, for the students, in general, who own cars have the poorest records of attendance and of conduct. Student-owned cars will never be popular until the student learns to use it with moderation and to harmonize it with the business of acquiring an education.

One of the Associate Editors has a name I haven't seen before: Frost Tinklepaugh
              https://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/18/c...h-frost-l.html

"TINKLEPAUGH-Frost L. Aged 96, April 11, 2002, in Tucson. Beloved husband of Ruth and father of Ann Jupp and Wendy Soloway. Graduate of Wichita University and Harvard Business School. His optimism, enthusiasm, and devotion to family will be greatly missed."

Comment

OK. We're getting farther and farther away from the subject of this thread, but here is a link to the 1927 Parnassus Yearbook.

Parnassus_1927.pdf (wichita.edu)

You will find McBurney and also this Tinklepaugh fellow who was a junior and the head of many school organizations. Book is in great shape! Kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  OK. We're getting farther and farther away from the subject of this thread, but here is a link to the 1927 Parnassus Yearbook.

Parnassus_1927.pdf (wichita.edu)

You will find McBurney and also this Tinklepaugh fellow who was a junior and the head of many school organizations. Book is in great shape! Kinda cool.
                  Grace Wilke and Frank Neff are in there. So cool!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Grace Wilke and Frank Neff are in there. So cool!
                    On pg. 73 it shows we had a women's soccer team, so the university has experience running a program if we end up adding it back to the athletic department in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post

On pg. 73 it shows we had a women's soccer team, so the university has experience running a program if we end up adding it back to the athletic department in the coming years.
                      Wow!

I had no idea the women's soccer team went back that far. I'm completely stunned, actually.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Speaking of which, I look forward to the future addition of women's soccer in the Shocker family.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                        X