No announcement yet.

Wichita State Triple Doubles = Rare Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at those numbers from Dave the Rave's final home game at WSU (40 points, 15 rebounds and 9 assists against Louisville) makes be wonder how many double-doubles have been recorded in WSU program history that just fell slightly short of either a triple-double, as in this case, or maybe just shy of a 20-20 double-double that might have been just as, or more, impressive then some of the triple-doubles and double-doubles that are in the record books. Something I doubt I would ever be able to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Looking at those numbers from Dave the Rave's final home game at WSU (40 points, 15 rebounds and 9 assists against Louisville) makes be wonder how many double-doubles have been recorded in WSU program history that just fell slightly short of either a triple-double, as in this case, or maybe just shy of a 20-20 double-double that might have been just as, or more, impressive then some of the triple-doubles and double-doubles that are in the record books. Something I doubt I would ever be able to find out.
      Along those lines ... X-man had a 42 point game with 19 rebounds in an NBA match. But ... 10 of those were offensive rebounds and 9 were defensive rebounds. Had he got the 10th defensive rebound it wouldn't have counted as a triple double would it?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Along those lines ... X-man had a 42 point game with 19 rebounds in an NBA match. But ... 10 of those were offensive rebounds and 9 were defensive rebounds. Had he got the 10th defensive rebound it wouldn't have counted as a triple double would it?
        It would in my book, but not the NCAA or NBA’s book.
        But, I like the way you think. Too bad Reaper can’t access the mid-20’s records… Ross was the king of the triple-double; he even had a couple quintuple-doubles. Points, Rebounds, Assists, Blocks and Flappers.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No it would not. Triple doubles are much more common in the NBA than they are at the collegiate level especially by the guards, especially the good rebounding guards.

Fred VV had had 2 triple doubles on the NBA. Both a gains Utah. 37 points -10 rebounds -10 assists last year and 34-12-10 earlier this month.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

It would in my book, but not the NCAA or NBA’s book.
            The rules have changed a lot since 1927

BTW, thought you would enjoy this if you have not seen it before: https://soar.wichita.edu/bitstream/h...pdf?sequence=4

Comment

BTW, thought you would enjoy this if you have not seen it before: https://soar.wichita.edu/bitstream/h...pdf?sequence=4
              Can’t wait to dive into that… brings back all the memories.

Comment

Can’t wait to dive into that… brings back all the memories.
                Do you really remember, or has confusion set in?

Comment

I'm 'giddy' looking at the 1927 Sunflower. Note "McBurney's Record" column and "The Wheatshockers - 1927" team photo. Tell me Ross's jersey shouldn't be hanging in the rafters with all the other greats. It's a travesty not to have him properly honored and recognized. '72, your truly 'historical' find might be the one to finally get it done. It's all there in black and white (maybe a little yeller)... and Captain Harold Reynolds (he was the ultimate Captain)... things that make you say hmmmm...

Comment

When do we start pestering Saal about Ross in the rafters?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Maybe he reads Shockernet for his Shocker news...

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        It is time.

Comment

I'm 'giddy' looking at the 1927 Sunflower. Note "McBurney's Record" column and "The Wheatshockers - 1927" team photo. Tell me Ross's jersey shouldn't be hanging in the rafters with all the other greats. It's a travesty not to have him properly honored and recognized. '72, your truly 'historical' find might be the one to finally get it done. It's all there in black and white (maybe a little yeller)... and Captain Harold Reynolds (he was the ultimate Captain)... things that make you say hmmmm...

Wow I didn't scroll down enough to catch all of that goodness! I thought the top page was the end of it!

Comment

McBurney was an All American TWICE.

HANG. THE. DAMN. JERSEY.

Comment

I'd actually read THAT Sunflower, if I were a student.

Comment

Wow I didn't scroll down enough to catch all of that goodness! I thought the top page was the end of it!
                                “The Wheatshockers - 1927” team photo would make a cool poster with “McBurney Record” inset somehow. Get on that Kung!

Comment

Working...
                                X