No announcement yet.

Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times did he say “At the end of the day…”?
    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I think Kevin just had his "deplorables" moment.
      If that's how you hear "farmers and factory workers" as "deplorables" (your word not KS's) it is quite telling of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

After all, we're just all farmers and factory workers. Way to know your audience KS. This town, of course, has those people (proudly). But, it also has premiere talent in medicine, business, and so much else. I found him insulting. And the people he insults are the very people he wants money from.
        I think you and others misunderstand what KS is saying. I take it as a criticism of the big dollar guys and corporations who are not helping. In other words , step it up Koch, Devlin and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          Saal sounded like a giant douche. And he's working from a completely outdated modal. You Don't get 3 to 5 years to build the program like his Bill Snyder example anymore. You gotta pull a North Texas or Charlotte. Bring in some studs, have a great coach and win. I can see getting one year to bring in more of his own types of players, but there certainly does not seem to be any great amount of coaching going on even with these current players
          Sounds like a guy who is feeling the heat. Not too many farmers in the Wichita Metro area but there are plenty in the neighborhood and many are far from paupers. Unfortunately, that money is mostly going to Manhattan. The big money in Wichita is from oil & gas exploration, real estate development, aviation related manufacturingm health care and distribution (particularly beer and liquor), with a history of successful startups like Pizza Hut and Rent-A-Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I think you and others misunderstand what KS is saying. I take it as a criticism of the big dollar guys and corporations who are not helping. In other words , step it up Koch, Devlin and others.
            I’m not mistaking what he said in the least. Listen to what he said. As far as the big money guys, they do give a lot but they, too, are looking for results and not just promises. There have been too many for the last four years without results.

Comment

• And...why should the 'big money guys" (Koch) give so much more (my goodness, they've already given a lot). They get BASHED in this town over and over by politicians and citizens alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

I’m not mistaking what he said in the least. Listen to what he said. As far as the big money guys, they do give a lot but they, too, are looking for results and not just promises. There have been too many for the last four years without results.
                Ok, I'll buy that part, but seriously doubt he was making " farmers and factory workers" as a derogatory thing. It's just a fact that Wichita is blue collar oriented. And most of those people do not have millions or some, even thousands to throw out there.

Comment

Ok, I'll buy that part, but seriously doubt he was making " farmers and factory workers" as a derogatory thing. It's just a fact that Wichita is blue collar oriented. And most of those people do not have millions or some, even thousands to throw out there.
                  OH, I'm sure he wasn't trying to demean people...he knows he needs the donors. But, he needs to watch what he says if he wants to get any results. His words could absolutely insult a HUGE part of this fan base...and many of those people give a LOT of money. And, Wichita isn't a blue collar oriented as it once was. Oil, banking, medical professionals, law professionals, corporate entities, college professors, aeronautical professionals....HUGE amount of people who he needs to court with a velvet glove instead of type casting the population.

Comment

• Nor is any other city in America as blue collar as they used to be. But it still is blue collar rich. And that is a good thing.

Comment

Nor is any other city in America as blue collar as they used to be. But it still is blue collar rich. And that is a good thing.
                      Agreed...it's a good thing. And, since he, himself, must recognize it, he shouldn't say things the way he did. It wasn't just the statement regarding farmers (as somebody else pointed out, the farmers have a lot of cash), it was his general tone that sounded sort of not knowing his audience and showing them respect. The very people he needs on his side aren't seeing results...and his statements aren't going to win many people over to his thinking.

Comment

• I took his farmers and factory workers comment as a way to support his outdated premise that you have to build it the right way over time...there are no shortcuts... and these salt of the earth folk understand that

Comment

• One thing about farmers—they know the difference between Bulls and their excretion. The only thing that is going to bring results is a commitment to excellence and the execution of that goal.

Comment

• Most farmers are so dumb that they won't realize that they are being insulted.

Comment

• Did Matt Perrault create a bunch of SN accounts to spam us?
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

So you're a donor and don't care to know what's happening with your donation, how much is in the kitty, and what the vision is?
                                I pay for my season ticket and saso, That all they are going to get from me.

You (and any other common fan) are not being engaged for NIL because you’re not the target, They need people with deep pockets, not your pocket change and your mettling.

Comment

Working...
                                X