No announcement yet.

Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many RV fulltimers there are (and growing) its a good move that really doesn't have much downside. Boondocking (basically what this is) is getting easier and easier with RV's and the right set up. Especially for just a short stay.

I think this is great and will probably go over better than many expect.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I love that they are trying new things. Some will work, some won't. Far from my cup of tea, but I hope it's a huge success.
      If it's not your cup of tea. Sounds like a good thing then. Your already a locked in fan. No need to work on you. New blood to add to the old is the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If it's not your cup of tea. Sounds like a good thing then. Your already a locked in fan. No need to work on you. New blood to add to the old is the target.

Comment

This sounds like a fun idea. I’d do it if I was in Kansas and had a small camper

Comment

Sports Daily

update
            Shocker Athletics
            NIL
            New Weight Room

https://www.audacy.com/kfh/podcasts/...oom-1558384765

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
              Sports Daily

update
              Shocker Athletics
              NIL
              New Weight Room
              You are really bad at haiku.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Listening to this interview with ADKS, IB does not sound like a dead man walking to me. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                  Listening to this interview with ADKS, IB does not sound like a dead man walking to me. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
                  summarize what he was saying? Was it positive? Neutral? I just find myself so confused

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

summarize what he was saying? Was it positive? Neutral? I just find myself so confused
                    It was as expected. He's not going to go into an interview bashing anybody. That wouldn't be smart. He knows we need to win the AAC tournament for any hope of postseason. Talked about how they are playing better as of late. Talked about if they put together 40 minutes of defending like they did early on against Houston on the Offense we have seen lately they can compete against anyone.

NIL he talked about most deals have around the NCAA have been in the hundreds, and not the huge deals that make the news. He feels we need to be, and are in a position to be competitive in those hundreds and thousands of deals that the athletes are receiving.

Forgot to say he also said they want to make sure they do NIL correctly and if you want to get involved goto:
                    Last edited by jdmee; March 2, 2023, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

It was as expected. He's not going to go into an interview bashing anybody. That wouldn't be smart. He knows we need to win the AAC tournament for any hope of postseason. Talked about how they are playing better as of late. Talked about if they put together 40 minutes of defending like they did early on against Houston on the Offense we have seen lately they can compete against anyone.

NIL he talked about most deals have around the NCAA have been in the hundreds, and not the huge deals that make the news. He feels we need to be, and are in a position to be competitive in those hundreds and thousands of deals that the athletes are receiving.
                      He mentioned the success of Armchair Strategies and we’re halfway where we want to be with NiL and more news is on the way. He also touched on Fred’s involvement and how he wanted to give back to the university… and it sounded like he’s willing to step up even more in the near future. Kevin Saal is a positive individual and a very good orator. One other thing. He touched on our past successes in the MVC and the display case full of Director Cup trophies. He’s very impressed with the AAC (it’s where we need to be as a high-level research institution) and the league commissioner. Overall, a very solid interview.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He mentioned the success of Armchair Strategies and we’re halfway where we want to be with NiL and more news is on the way. He also touched on Fred’s involvement and how he wanted to give back to the university… and it sounded like he’s willing to step up even more in the near future. Kevin Saal is a positive individual and a very good orator. One other thing. He touched on our past successes in the MVC and the display case full of Director Cup trophies. He’s very impressed with the AAC (it’s where we need to be as a high-level research institution) and the league commissioner. Overall, a very solid interview.
                        I can see the headline now: "Fred VanVleet Provides Transformative Gift to WSU Athletics - Pays Severance Owed to Former Head Coaches"

Comment

Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                          I think he was being very careful with his comments. If we were to win the AAC tournament (one in a _____ chance; plug in your own number), IB would more than likely be retained. You cannot lose 9 (NINE) home games in year three, see attendance plummet to record levels without making a change, regardless of how difficult it might be. Like others have said, if IB returns, next year's attendance would be even worse.

In my opinion, the 9 (NINE) brutal home loses...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A couple of additional takeaways from the interview…he mentioned we had a plane load full of players, families, and boosters that made the trip to the Tulane game. Sounds like the boosters are still engaged. Talked about how hard the team is working in practice, the improved play in games, and discussed his conversation with Pierre and his families support at the last game. He also mentioned he was on his way to Houston to see the women and the men play, but that was the only comment made about the women’s basketball program during the interview. Also, there was certainly none of the “this is unacceptable” talk like earlier in the season after the Alcorn loss.

I agree with the comments that you can’t be negative in a public interview like this. But you don’t have to be quite that upbeat either. I think I’d be a lot more worried if I was the WBB coach where he had nothing to say about my team.

So maybe ADKS was just having a really good day? Maybe he has already worked out a deal with a new coach? I don’t know, but I am pretty sure we will find out soon.

Comment

Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                                Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X