Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Director of Athletics Kevin Saal

I thoroughly enjoy his vision for WSU athletics and dedicate this thread to him by posting media updates.

KFH Sports Daily 15Feb23

Just call Beard

Comment

I guess this is a thing. More of a baseball/softball thing but since the Saal thread is here, this is where it's going.

Go Shockers - RV Club Weekend Scheduled for April 21-23

WICHITA, Kan. – The first annual RV Club Weekend is scheduled for April 21-23 during Wichita State baseball and softball series against East Carolina.

For just $30, non-season ticket holders receive admission to six games (three baseball/three softball) and a tailgate on Friday evening. Season ticket holders to either baseball or softball receive admission to all six games as well as the Friday evening tailgate for $12.

RV's will be parked in the parking lot north of Wilkins Stadium. The lot will open at 2 p.m. on April 21 and during check-in, RV owners will receive themed gifts as well as coupons for different eating establishments. The tailgate will take place between 4:30-6 p.m. in the grassy area between Eck and Wilkins Stadium. Both games start at 6 p.m. and fireworks will start at the conclusion of both games.

On Sat., April 22, RV owners will receive donuts and coffee delivered to the RV parking lot by special guests and then have access to early batting practice for both baseball and softball. Baseball starts at 2 p.m. and softball starts at 3 p.m. with postgame autographs after the game for both softball and baseball.

Sunday, April 23 will feature an Andy's mini helmet giveaway with coupons followed by a thank you visit from WuShock. The softball game starts at 12 p.m. and the baseball game at 1 p.m. with kids running the bases after the conclusion of each game.

Electrical and water hook ups will not be available. Quiet running generators are allowed with an exhaust stack. No tents or tent stakes may be used on University parking lots. No bonfires or other open fires are permitted. Gas grills are allowed, but charcoal grills are prohibited.

Click here to register and for more information.
      Apparently this is something that had been asked for, according to KS twitter account.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        I guess this is a thing. More of a baseball/softball thing but since the Saal thread is here, this is where it's going.

Go Shockers - RV Club Weekend Scheduled for April 21-23

Apparently this is something that had been asked for, according to KS twitter account.
        Recall when he was hired that ADKS is a camping/RV guy, although "camping" on the WSU campus sounds less than appealing, at least to me.

Comment

I kind of get it. I see people that do this at almost every weekend tournament any of my nieces have ever played in. There are some that will roll up in an RV and make that their weekend spot.

I just never pictured something like this at a college event. But apparently enough people had asked for it that they're going to give it a go. I doubt KS is actively participating in the RV aspect, but if it does well, there's a new tradition being born that a segment of the fanbase gets to participate in and enjoy.

If I'm going to stay on campus over night, I'll just stay at the hotel and walk over to Eck/Wilkins.

I'm not an RV guy, nothing against it I've just never done it. How big a "problem" is it to not have any hookups? I also wasn't aware that there was a such thing as quiet generators lol.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I kind of get it. I see people that do this at almost every weekend tournament any of my nieces have ever played in. There are some that will roll up in an RV and make that their weekend spot.

I just never pictured something like this at a college event. But apparently enough people had asked for it that they're going to give it a go. I doubt KS is actively participating in the RV aspect, but if it does well, there's a new tradition being born that a segment of the fanbase gets to participate in and enjoy.

If I'm going to stay on campus over night, I'll just stay at the hotel and walk over to Eck/Wilkins.

I'm not an RV guy, nothing against it I've just never done it. How big a "problem" is it to not have any hookups? I also wasn't aware that there was a such thing as quiet generators lol.
            I understand it as a home base if you're following your kids sports around.

Solar has come a long way, but still can't run an RV AC unit. Can't run it at all at night. So that's the fly in the ointment if you have no hookups and it is hot. Need to run a generator. Everything else is fine from a self-contained standpoint on an overnight stay.

And there aren't any quiet generators. Just less loud ones. They still sound like a relative jackhammer in the middle of the night if you're in an otherwise dead silent area.

Comment

I think we're good, as long as "Cousin Eddie" doesn't come for a visit...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Being in April, it shouldn't be hot. The only time it would be hot, you'd be outside anyway for a ballgame or for socializing. If anything, it might be a little chilly during the evening. Just pack a few more blankets for that.

No, this seems like a great idea. I could envision a large group getting together to talk Shocker sports and fix all the other ills of the world late into the night over some snacks and beverages. Sounds fantastic!
                78-65

Comment

Its worth a try. Not like the lot has been full for anything anymore

Comment

When KS came here one of the first things he said when I was around him was he had started an RV club at his previous job and really wanted to do the same thing here. The same time he mentioned he would have an RV weekend during this spring on a baseball/softball weekend. I am sure this is KS following up on a commitment he was making publicly and something he truly enjoys.

Comment

I love that they are trying new things. Some will work, some won't. Far from my cup of tea, but I hope it's a huge success.

Comment

Comment

If I had a generator or a more robust battery system I'd be tempted to haul our RV there. We have solar, but it's only meant to assist with the 12V fridge, not power the rest of the RV.

Comment

Letter from the AD: Wichita State Athletics - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

Comment

Kinda wishing the Mrs. and I still had our RV... those were the days my friends...

Comment

Working...
                              X