Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Florida State. That's a good one to use because it was 98% attended from sales and it was tight down low and empty up high.

The 2 student sections, 1200 seats, were basically empty. The band side WAS empty except for the band. There might have been 100 in those 2 sections. Not 1 seat in 3 was filled in my section or the section on either side of me. Not 1 in 3. There's zero chance it was half full with butts in seats. Zero. AND it was still more than I expected.
    Florida State? NIT game in 2004? You think there were only 7,000 people there? There were 10,500 strong at that one. (Okay, 10,478…but you get the idea.)
    78-65

Comment

• Nebraska in 2011 shows attendance at 7,336 so a better comparison perhaps. I wasn't at the game on Saturday but it didn't appear nearly as full as the Nebraska game.
      Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I'll be shocked if we fire him now vs end of season. Next to no benefit. They just need to have a new coach in place while the transfer portal is open. That's their only deadline IMO.

Just delay the season ticket renewal deadline until a coach is in place.
        So now you’re ok with IB being gone after the end of the year, despite the financial implications?

Talk about a quick 180. Not having fun watching games anymore?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Florida State? NIT game in 2004? You think there were only 7,000 people there? There were 10,500 strong at that one. (Okay, 10,478…but you get the idea.)
          I think Doc may be more closer to right than wrong. I think people assume it was sold out because of the shear volume and noise levels that game but it definitely wasn’t a complete sell out. It was definitely more than 7,000 but it also wasn’t a full house.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think Doc may be more closer to right than wrong. I think people assume it was sold out because of the shear volume and noise levels that game but it definitely wasn’t a complete sell out. It was definitely more than 7,000 but it also wasn’t a full house.
            They opened up the lower bowl to first come first serve and the most diehard fans grab those seats instead of the wine and cheese fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They opened up the lower bowl to first come first serve and the most diehard fans grab those seats instead of the wine and cheese fans.

Sold out according to box score. I was in student section about ten rows up on band side and remember it being packed.

Comment

• I was at the FSU game with friends and we were in the section next to the student section and it definitely wasn't empty as Doc illuded to. At least not in the lower section.

still the loudest basketball game I've ever been to. I'd love to know what the decibel level was that night. Our ears were ringing well after the game.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  I'm afraid if WSU played man their guards (as in, ours) would get exposed. But at least try it...
                  You mean our guards haven’t been exposed yet? What deficiencies do you regard are hidden?

Comment

• Comment

• Another great breakdown by Taylor and more cliche coach speak nothingness from IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        You mean our guards haven’t been exposed yet? What deficiencies do you regard are hidden?
                        If you'd been following my posts you wouldn't ask such stupid questions. Keep up.

Comment

Working...
                        X