Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs East Carolina (12/31/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    It’s very hard to watch this team struggle..it has talent..I would like to think it’s just lack of senior leadership but it doesn’t seem to be getting better.
    They are not being coached to be tough and pay attention to details. No accountability. There is also a handful of players on this team that should not be playing at WSU, which hurts our overall game when the bench is so shallow.

Comment

• Pretty soon we're all gonna' be wishing for the last 3 years to do over again.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 1, 2023, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

6-7k was my guess .. way more full than i expected
        It was more than I expected but not close to 6-7k if we’re talking butts in seats. It wasn’t half full which would be 5300 ish. 4500 tops or somebody can’t count. There were 7k vs FSU and that wasn’t close to yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

It was more than I expected but not close to 6-7k if we’re talking butts in seats. It wasn’t half full which would be 5300 ish. 4500 tops or somebody can’t count. There were 7k vs FSU and that wasn’t close to yesterday.
          It definitely looked more than half full to me. Especially on the 108 side.

Comment

• TV looked less than half.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

FSU?

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                TV looked less than half.
                Tv always does because the side they show is always the emptiest side.

Comment

• True story, went down to coffee this morning, Bill asks me, "hey did the Shockers win Saturday?" (Bill is a season ticketholder)

Comment

• Not much more to add to this one. Just sad seeing what this program has now become. Neutered by an ECU team that has a brand new coach and a ton of new players in our own gym.

Was nice to see Pohto come alive. We'll see if he can consistently play that way. Not expecting him to average 20 and 10 but play with that same aggressiveness and confidence. Scott looked good offensively but one assist from your staring PG in 31 minutes of play is not going to cut it. Outrebounded again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

FSU?
                      Florida State. That's a good one to use because it was 98% attended from sales and it was tight down low and empty up high.

The 2 student sections, 1200 seats, were basically empty. The band side WAS empty except for the band. There might have been 100 in those 2 sections. Not 1 seat in 3 was filled in my section or the section on either side of me. Not 1 in 3. There's zero chance it was half full with butts in seats. Zero. AND it was still more than I expected.

Comment

• ADKS simply cannot wait to make a change. Apathy is setting in and the loss of revenue from that far outweighs what would need to be paid to get rid of IB. Not to mention the longer it goes on the deeper the hole becomes and the harder it will be to dig out of. The time to act is now. I think we would all agree that IB is a nice guy and was a good assistant coach under GM. Doesn't mean he is a good head coach. Time to undo another one of DB's mistakes and right the ship. Waiting only means delaying the inevitable and further harming the program and continuing to alienate some of the best college basketball fans in the country.

Comment

• I agree, can't wait. I've already stated we should let all the coaching staff go asap with the exception of Kennedy until the end of the season. Maybe we could get Bush , Simon or both to assist until the end of the season? Remember, Kennedy is already being paid. By the end of the season D1 coaches everywhere would know the job is open so start taking applications immediately. I would bet there will be some good applicants who would be on board with a structured contract that would be a win win for both sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            I agree, can't wait. I've already stated we should let all the coaching staff go asap with the exception of Kennedy until the end of the season. Maybe we could get Bush , Simon or both to assist until the end of the season? Remember, Kennedy is already being paid. By the end of the season D1 coaches everywhere would know the job is open so start taking applications immediately. I would bet there will be some good applicants who would be on board with a structured contract that would be a win win for both sides.
                            Totally ignorant here but what’s the benefit of firing him mid season vs waiting til the day the season’s over? Personally I’d just let him finish the season. Kind of sends a bad message imo.

im also skeptical about how useful Kennedy is considering this team blows and he should be high impact.

Comment

• I'll be shocked if we fire him now vs end of season. Next to no benefit. They just need to have a new coach in place while the transfer portal is open. That's their only deadline IMO.

Just delay the season ticket renewal deadline until a coach is in place.

Comment

• I'll admit I've been a terrible fan this season. I've probably only watched a handful of games this season. I want to support the athletes but not the direction of the program. Finding that hard to do all at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X