Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Texas Southern (12/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we can retain Pohto, Walton, Pierre and Rogers, we have some talent continuity and I can maintain some interest. A new batch of players and I probably will stop caring.

Comment

• I will support this program even if we end up in D2.

Doesn’t mean I won’t be ****ing pissed at the people in charge and demand accountability from those in power. No sunshine pumping here.

Doesn’t make me a bandwagon fan.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        I will support this program even if we end up in D2.

Doesn’t mean I won’t be ****ing pissed at the people in charge and demand accountability from those in power. No sunshine pumping here.

Doesn’t make me a bandwagon fan.
        Exactly.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          If we can retain Pohto, Walton, Pierre and Rogers, we have some talent continuity and I can maintain some interest. A new batch of players and I probably will stop caring.
          Pohto. We can probably retain him. He's getting minutes and there are few schools that would be an improvement from WSU that would be interested in him. There's no reason for him to move down a level to get minutes.

Walton. He's not going to have trouble moving to a P5 that's a virtual lock to get into the tourney and has great NIL.

Pierre. If he thinks he can land with a winning program, he's gone. Oddly enough, the coaches allowing him to be incredibly undisciplined may make him unattractive to schools he may perceive to be an improvement over WSU.

Rogers. He's here. He already missed a year and knew he might when he came here. He might look at the roster and realize that next year is a disaster and bail, even though he might lose a year of eligibility.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Pohto. We can probably retain him. He's getting minutes and there are few schools that would be an improvement from WSU that would be interested in him. There's no reason for him to move down a level to get minutes.

Walton. He's not going to have trouble moving to a P5 that's a virtual lock to get into the tourney and has great NIL.

Pierre. If he thinks he can land with a winning program, he's gone. Oddly enough, the coaches allowing him to be incredibly undisciplined may make him unattractive to schools he may perceive to be an improvement over WSU.

Rogers. He's here. He already missed a year and knew he might when he came here. He might look at the roster and realize that next year is a disaster and bail, even though he might lose a year of eligibility.
            Clearly our best 4 coming back, the question is whether this staff/administration can make roster continuity a priority.

Comment

Of note, both Rogers and Pierre have used their freebie transfer. Now given our stance on the run off waiver .. it might not matter. Pohto obviously still has a free transfer. I'm not 100% sure on Walton. Since he went to JUCO I don't think that used his free transfer. It's his 3rd year in college so I don't see him being a grad transfer either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Of note, both Rogers and Pierre have used their freebie transfer. Now given our stance on the run off waiver .. it might not matter. Pohto obviously still has a free transfer. I'm not 100% sure on Walton. Since he went to JUCO I don't think that used his free transfer. It's his 3rd year in college so I don't see him being a grad transfer either.
                Walton didn't use a transfer coming out of JuCo, so he's got a freebie available.

Besides that, if Council got a run off waiver, then EVERYBODY gets a run off waiver.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Walton didn't use a transfer coming out of JuCo, so he's got a freebie available.

Besides that, if Council got a run off waiver, then EVERYBODY gets a run off waiver.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I could be wrong but wasn't Walton at Georgia at one time? Maybe going from their to Juco didn't use the freebie?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I could be wrong but wasn't Walton at Georgia at one time? Maybe going from their to Juco didn't use the freebie?
                      Transferring in and out of JUCO doesn't require a waiver or anything. It's a free flow transfer on both ends.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Transferring in and out of JUCO doesn't require a waiver or anything. It's a free flow transfer on both ends.
                        Ah, got it. Thank you.

Comment

While Council probably would have gotten a ROW anyways .. it was his first transfer so it was a freebie

Comment

• Even though Walton is most likely "auditioning" for his next college destination...I gotta give him credit for not hogging the ball and throwing up a gazillion shots. I mean if he wanted to...he could absolutely go full TE. Who knows...maybe that's what he should do
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                            X