Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Texas Southern (12/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can honestly say I didn't watch a single second nor follow play by play on my phone if I wasn't able to watch...that's a first for me in I don't know how long. It's depressing how far this program has fallen and literally zero end in sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
      I can honestly say I didn't watch a single second nor follow play by play on my phone if I wasn't able to watch...that's a first for me in I don't know how long. It's depressing how far this program has fallen and literally zero end in sight.
      I also paid zero attention to this game last night. Not one check in, nary an update on my phone, nothing. Got home noticed the score, shrugged and went to bed.
      Can not remember when I literally had no interest in the team or program. Maybe mid-90's, but even then I followed the team and score of each game.
      Now... apathy has set in and no let up in sight.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
        I can honestly say I didn't watch a single second nor follow play by play on my phone if I wasn't able to watch...that's a first for me in I don't know how long. It's depressing how far this program has fallen and literally zero end in sight.
        same. And I’ve made it a point to stay up til 2-3 am most days just to catch the game here in the UK. I don’t mind having down years. I mind having down coaches that are so obviously unqualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

I also paid zero attention to this game last night. Not one check in, nary an update on my phone, nothing. Got home noticed the score, shrugged and went to bed.
          Can not remember when I literally had no interest in the team or program. Maybe mid-90's, but even then I followed the team and score of each game.
          Now... apathy has set in and no let up in sight.

That is all.
          This year I gave up my season tickets that have been in my family since 1965. Upt till last night I have either attended a home game this year or watched on ESPN+. I watched a movie with my wife and wasn't even tempted to peek at the score untill about 10 pm. I am so apathetic about this program.

Comment

• Today was the first I found out the results of the game. Like a bunch of you guys, this is a first for me. I really don't think I've missed a game, either attending, watching, or listening, in over 40 years. I'm mad at the program and mad at myself. I ought to be able to weather this storm; I'm pretty sure it won't last.

Comment

• Same. Have absolutely no plans to watch tomorrow. If they should somehow miraculously pull out a victory I’ll go back and give it a watch but very little interest at this point. Especially without Porter.

Comment

• I can't help but to watch, even though I have little real desire to do so at this point. Though that could always run out at some point during this season as well. Though I will admit that last game, while it was on, I think I spent most of my time playing Wordscapes on my phone and only passively watching/listening to the game. So maybe I'm not really that far off from just not watching at all.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Can someone look up the definition of a bandwagon fan?

Comment

• Can someone look up the definition of dumpster fire?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• With ongoing massive player turnover it's hard to get behind the players and support the team. I was optimistic about my enthusiasm levels before the season started, but that optimism is long gone. A lot of the intrigue with college basketball is watching the progress pf the players from year to year.

A new roster EVERY YEAR takes away a lot of the reason to support a program. Next year Porter is gone. Walton is likely to want to play in an NCAA tourney, which means he's likely to be gone. Okafor, Rojas, and Chandler graduate.

Year to year interest in a team is vital to continued fan interest. For any hope of a reasonable season next year, the Shox are going to have to pick up starter-level players at every position except SG. Rogers becomes eligible, but if he follows the pattern of shooters (makers) that come to WSU lately, I'm not hopeful that he will continue to be a maker. Pierre could be starter material if he would learn to play with some discipline, which doesn't seem to be a trademarks of this coaching staff.

Next year looks like either 4 first-year players starting games or players who appear to be best suited as role players starting games.

Last edited by Aargh; December 27, 2022, 11:46 AM.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Can someone look up the definition of dumpster fire?
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                          Can someone look up the definition of a bandwagon fan?
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe you should define it for us? However, keep in mind that there are those of us who have or had been season ticket holders for 40, 45, 50 years or longer. Also keep in mind those who have been long term fans that, for good reasons, couldn't be season ticket holders. Noticed you jumped on this particular Shocker wagon in very late 2013.

Comment

Yes, someone that only shows up after wins. Kinda like you.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Maybe you should define it for us? However, keep in mind that there are those of us who have or had been season ticket holders for 40, 45, 50 years or longer. Also keep in mind those who have been long term fans that, for good reasons, couldn't be season ticket holders. Noticed you jumped on this particular Shocker wagon in very late 2013.
                                Hahaha ST laying out the ownage.

ShockerExpress says if you don’t support the program blindly, without question, like a mindless drone, then you’re a bandie.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X