Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Texas Southern (12/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is straight out of bizarro world.
    Disappointed ole WuShock wasn’t running also… I consider him part of the cheer team.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I’m not going to provide any kind of mind-blowing analysis here when it comes to Xs and Os. Same song, different verse.

Disappointing that we barely squeak by a SWAC team, not because we out-worked them, out-executed them, or even out-coached them. We simply out-talented them and barely won, and against a team coached by Johnny Jones no less (ask LSU fans about his coaching ability).

The wild thing is that it felt like we were doing that earlier in the year. Yeah, we had our flaws when it came to executing, sure, but you could see the effort the team put forth against Richmond and K-State and be encouraged by that and want to cheer for that.

We’re trending in the same direction that last year’s team was at the same time, and that’s as troubling as anything when it comes to this season alone. From what I can gather, the chemistry is better, but the results may be the same or worse. Craig Porter might have single-handedly won us 6 or 7 games by the time we finish the season, likely more.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

This is straight out of bizarro world.
        Cheerleaders aren't immune to discipline also. Definitely unusual though!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Disappointed ole WuShock wasn’t running also… I consider him part of the cheer team.
          WuShock is part of the spirit squad. But he wasn't part of the punishment.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Cheerleaders aren't immune to discipline also.

Comment

• Good news is we made twice as many 3-pointers than last game.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                Good news is we made twice as many 3-pointers than last game.
                And some around here think we aren’t making any progress.

Comment

• 1. KP showed signs of life
                  2. We won't beat any one on our schedule without Porter
                  3. ESPN+ really sucks
                  4. Walton is a really talented player
                  5. No, I wouldn't have driven to ICT last night even to watch a good team, not last night
                  6. Monday HCIB mentioned putting in new plays
                  7. "Feed the post" must have just occurred to him
                  8. JP is selfish. It doesn't bother me as much when his shots go in
                  9. WTF kinda outfits were our coaches wearing??
                  10. I couldn't do MK's job, putting a positive spin on every single thing
                  Last edited by pinstripers; December 23, 2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Cheerleaders aren't immune to discipline also. Definitely unusual though!
                    Maybe they didn't reach their cheer quota, and where just trying to get their steps and active energy in.

Comment

• Starting with KP, good grief, always think two handed dunk or at least a back board shot - should have been 7-7 last night. The good news is that he made some nice moves in the paint. The first one reminded me of Keven McHale. Teams are now giving him wide open 17 ft shots so take them ! I agree losing CP puts us right there with the bottom feeders in the league. Rojas has the ability to be a very good player if he could just take care of the darn ball. Yep, I like Walton's game. I'll take Scott over Flan man. Still no Abidde or Ricks - they must not be very good. Without Porter handling presses will be even tougher. Hope Porter is a fast healer.

Comment

• What happened to Porter?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          What happened to Porter?
                          Came down on the side of a TSU foot and ouch. Didn't return to the game. Eventually returned to sit behind the bench with a giant bag of ice strapped to his ankle.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I felt bad for Coach listening to him after the game. You can tell he's frustrated and he knows more than anyone the value of CP3 as it pertains to potential conference success. When a person sees a win over Texas Southern as a Christmas present, you know things are tough all over.

Comment

• Anyone know why the cheer squad was running? Did they cause a tech?
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                Anyone know why the cheer squad was running? Did they cause a tech?
                                I think they took the fall for WuShock; rumor was he didn’t bring his ‘A-Game’…
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X