X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Wichita State vs Mississippi Valley State Full Stack Thread

Second of three games in a week.

Tuesday, 13 December at 7 pm on ESPN+.
    Last edited by shoxlax; December 11, 2022, 04:21 PM.

Just here showing appreciation for the full stack.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The Shocks will win big and empty the bench.

WSU. 77

MVSU 56
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Second of three games in a week.
        But what night, what time, what channel? :)
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is by far the worst team we play all year. They are currently the 2nd worst team in all of the NCAA on kenpom. We SHOULD win by 20+ if not more. But who knows with this team. Let's just hope for some solid play with decent assists and low turnovers

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            They are currently the 2nd worst team in all of the NCAA on kenpom.
            Eeesh, first worst on Sagarin. We could win by 30 and our metrics will still go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Eeesh, first worst on Sagarin. We could win by 30 and our metrics will still go down.
              ya wanna pad your win total, this is what you schedule

Comment

Here is my new starting lineup.

1. Porter 2, JP 3. Walton 4.. Gus 5. Ballard
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I know this won't be as punny as the Longwood thread.

Jerry Rice 58
                  Bill Parcells 74

Comment

The experiment with Walton at the 4 at K-State worked.

I wonder if inverting Okafor to the 3 and Walton to the 4 works? Walton has a stronger inside game, and that would open up Okafor's slashing game, which is one of his strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      The experiment with Walton at the 4 at K-State worked.

I wonder if inverting Okafor to the 3 and Walton to the 4 works? Walton has a stronger inside game, and that would open up Okafor's slashing game, which is one of his strengths.
                      I've never viewed Okafor as a slasher. His big butt needs to get down in the paint and pull down rebounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

I've never viewed Okafor as a slasher. His big butt needs to get down in the paint and pull down rebounds.
                        Maybe my memory sucks, but it seemed the night he went off, a lot of the points were off a dribble drive. If that's true, then that's where his confidence is, so switching the two players opens it up for Okafor and we get more effective in the paint with Walton + Pohto/Ballard. Okafor has a solid body but he's an inch or two short for the 4 IMO.

Comment

We win. Some will think we're headed in the right direction. Others will know we still have a lot to prove. We learn next to nothing about this team.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            We win. Some will think we're headed in the right direction. Others will know we still have a lot to prove. We learn next to nothing about this team.
                            This is spot on.

You can't learn anything when you play against a team as awful as MVSU.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              There is absolutely nothing positive they can show us against this team that will mean anything. Hopefully its just a nice cushy blowout because anything else will be disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X