The Official Wichita State vs Mississippi Valley State Full Stack Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Went to high school ball game. Did we have 6,000?
    You Serious Clark?

Paid Attendance: 7,056

Butts in seats: 3,528
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• My thoughts. Keeping in mind that this was a game against what could be the worst D1 basketball team.
      • Pohto needs to toughen up, hustle more, and practice finishing shots. My goodness. His regression is maddening because the talent is there. We are in big trouble if Ballard has to play the majority of minutes at the 5.
      • Bell should not be getting 2 minutes in a game, much less 11. Hit more of the side of the backboard than the rim or net on both three shots. Good news is he only took 2.
      • This team shoots so many early possession threes it drives me crazy. AAC teams will pick up on this and exploit it bigtime if it is not corrected. And, I have no reason to think it will be corrected.
      • JPjr. was feelin it in the first half. I love his game and the swagger. I know others probably hate that but I don't mind it. This team needs some personality.
      • Porter the last 2 games: 14.5 ppg, 8 apg, 1 to avg. Granted the competition was garbage, but anyone still think Scott should be the PG?
      • Jaykwon Walton...nuff said! Total stud!
      • 13 team steals!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        6 on 6 granny basketball smh
        Better than 6 on 6 tranny basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

That'd work. I took mvs +27 and under 127.5
          You had a good night my friend...

Comment

• I can only see 3 possibilities for Pohto with what I'm seeing on the court. 1) He's given up. 2) He no longer cares. 3) A close friend is making frequent trips to Colorado.

I'm leaning towards #3. I've seen it before.

At least he got the tip tonight. Isn't this the first time he's won a tip? Even when going against guys 5" shorter than him?
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• JPJ is turning my opinion on him. He puts in the work and has earned his spot back. That swagger is much easier to love when he is hitting shots, too.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I can only see 3 possibilities for Pohto with what I'm seeing on the court. 1) He's given up. 2) He no longer cares. 3) A close friend is making frequent trips to Colorado.

At least he got the tip tonight. Isn't this the first time he's won a tip? Even when going against guys 5" shorter than him?
                Jaykwon Walton won the tipoff
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I went to granddaughter's game. (they lost). Watched the first half of the boys' game, then headed home. Listened to the Shox, the last 7 minutes or so on the radio, and listened to the postgame. MK was always too much of a homer for me, but dayum. Sounded like this was a big win for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    I can only see 3 possibilities for Pohto with what I'm seeing on the court. 1) He's given up. 2) He no longer cares. 3) A close friend is making frequent trips to Colorado.

Not quite. Walton did the jump ball and won the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                      JPJ is turning my opinion on him. He puts in the work and has earned his spot back. That swagger is much easier to love when he is hitting shots, too.
                      CP, JW, JP and GO is just a pretty nice 4 piece. After that, man, it gets dicey. I like JP a lot.

Comment

• I had not missed watching a game in many years until last night ( went to grandkids' school presentation). Might watch replay today.
                        Last edited by asiseeit; December 14, 2022, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          JPJ is turning my opinion on him. He puts in the work and has earned his spot back. That swagger is much easier to love when he is hitting shots, too.
                          My only concern is .. will he be the next Erik Stevenson? He's going to take a bunch of shots ... when they go in .. he's going to look like the best player on the team ... when they don't? ... we are going to lose some games. Throw in the attitude and it could either build us up or tear us apart.

I wish we could combine Bell and Pierre. Pierres overall skills with Bell's shot selection and overall mental game.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                            I had not missed watching a game in many years until last night ( went to grandkids' school presentation). Might watch replay today but sounds like it was more of the same. As for KP Dan might be on to something. I cannot imagine that the role the coaches expect him to play in the offense is very inspiring. Why would any promising center want to play here? Going forward we will probably play a little above .500 only because of pretty weak competition. There will be transfers and I'd be shocked if KP isn't one of them simply because of the tiresome role he has been given. Having said all that IMO he is still our best option at center.
                            As of right now I continue to be disappointed in the entire coaching staff in all aspects and can't invision anything but more regression in the program. Maybe it's my age but I seem to be losing interest in a lot of things.
                            While the coaching staff is definitely to blame .. You can't wash KP of his responsibility here. He has not looked good .. even when in the spots he needed to be. The effort isn't there. Last two games he's played, both against teams he's drastically taller than their tallest player, he got 4 boards and 1 board. Maybe he's checked out because of the coaching staff .. but I find it hard to put 100% of the blame on the coaches for him not putting in the effort on the floor and just go "oh poor misused KP". He was a pick and pop center last year ... and now he's a pick and pop center that is 2-15 from 3 and scared to shoot.
                            Last edited by Stickboy46; December 14, 2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

CP, JW, JP and GO is just a pretty nice 4 piece. After that, man, it gets dicey. I like JP a lot.
                              I really hope we get JW for another year ... not holding out hope... but he has so much potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I really hope we get JW for another year ... not holding out hope... but he has so much potential.
                                JW is simply all business. I hope he stays too. Just a good 'ole grinder that gets things done. Glad to see he's doing the tip-off now as well.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X