Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chance to get to .500 vs the SWAC.

Comment

I think we can learn some things. How much are we sharing the ball, getting good shots, taking advantage of our advantages, reducing unforced errors, getting good minutes for guys that need some seasoning, etc. Lots of things to work on playing an inferior opponent.

Comment

I’ll be looking for intensity and focused execution on both sides of the ball, regardless of score. Not just scoring one on one…even though we can win the game that way.

Coach should use this as a scrimmage and pull guys regularly for selfish play or lackadaisical play…to teach them what the expectations are.

Going back to Longwood, the one play I can’t get over is the loose ball in front of Pohto and he couldn’t even bother to bend over 10 degrees to pick it up. Then we have Ballard diving for a loose ball and kicking it out to a team mate.

Pohto needs to be third behind Ballard and Poor Bear.

Hopefully we get to see a little more of Ballard, Ricks, Abidde and the Irish Nightmare.

Comment

Yeah if I were coach I'd play the guys that continuously give maximum effort when they're on the court (like bending 10 degrees to grab the ball)... instead of playing guys out of fear of the losing them to the transfer portal. It almost seems to me that IB is worried KP will transfer if not giving enough playing time.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Well we're in trouble, Mississippi Valley did receive 4 votes in the AP.

The official page for the AP Top 25 men's college basketball poll. Keep up to date and view the latest NCAA men's basketball ranking updates each week for the 2023-24 season.

Comment

5,000 butts in the seats?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-col...asketball-poll
                Haha! .. one voter put them at 21 lol

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We get credit for beating a team that's RV right? Quality win time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Haha! .. one voter put them at 21 lol

https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...le/2022/week-6
                      I had to check out her Twitter. She apparently meant to put Mississippi State there and clicked on the wrong school. I was just checking to see if she was on drugs or something.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                        Going back to Longwood, the one play I can’t get over is the loose ball in front of Pohto and he couldn’t even bother to bend over 10 degrees to pick it up. Then we have Ballard diving for a loose ball and kicking it out to a team mate.
                        One million percent. Ballard deserves a lot more time just because of that one play. More......PLEASE. Well done young man!

Comment

They have got to be the best 1-9 team in the nation. Saw this, Mississippi Valley State (4) 1-9, in the AP Top 25 today.
                          Must be a lot of quality losses.

Comment

Also looks like maybe this has been updated. I just checked the Top 25 on ESPN and there's no sign of them on there anymore.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              Yeah if I were coach I'd play the guys that continuously give maximum effort when they're on the court (like bending 10 degrees to grab the ball)... instead of playing guys out of fear of the losing them to the transfer portal. It almost seems to me that IB is worried KP will transfer if not giving enough playing time.
                              Good thing your not coach. All players have good and bad moments. You could single out any of them multiple times. Under GM Rojas would probably be at the very end of the bench but gets plenty of minutes under IB. We need all three centers. I am not down on any of them and none are ever going to put up big numbers with an offense that looks to them last to score. I was amazed KP had a 13/9 game but much of that was from his own HUSTLE rebounding and going back up NOT from IB's offense. Bottom line is I don't think the team's issues are with any of our centers. Collectively they are doing about as well as one could expect given the system they are playing in and none will reach their potentials under said system.
                              Last edited by asiseeit; December 12, 2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Chance to get to .500 vs the SWAC.
                                On second thought, I'm unliking this.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X