No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did look good in the All Star game that was several weeks ago. Granted, against other top college players, not NBA'ers but still more than held his own.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Not surprisingly, the 2 dissenters are a gay Creighton fan and a gay KU fan. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just not surprising.
      A bit redundant don't you think Doc? Like saying tuna fish?

T

...:cool:

Comment

If GS "turns it on" directly after leaving school I will be upset. I mean good for him, but where was that player at WSU? It seems hard for me to imagine that GS would make it to the NBA (without serious physical changes) if Paul Miller couldn't. After PM had been gone a few years, he returned to play some summer drop-in and absolutely dominated. He was fast, mean, and played above the rim. Nobody really challenged him. It was the Paul Miller we all prayed for while he was at WSU (not saying he wasn't a very good player for us). Paul was very mobile for a big guy so he had the NBA potential, GS, not so much. I'm actually very surprised Paul didn't get a "cup of coffee" in the NBA.. or did he?

Does anybody have GS's official vertical and barefoot height measurements like we had for PM?

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          If GS "turns it on" directly after leaving school I will be upset. I mean good for him, but where was that player at WSU? It seems hard for me to imagine that GS would make it to the NBA (without serious physical changes) if Paul Miller couldn't. After PM had been gone a few years, he returned to play some summer drop-in and absolutely dominated. He was fast, mean, and played above the rim. Nobody really challenged him. It was the Paul Miller we all prayed for while he was at WSU (not saying he wasn't a very good player for us). Paul was very mobile for a big guy so he had the NBA potential, GS, not so much. I'm actually very surprised Paul didn't get a "cup of coffee" in the NBA.. or did he?

Does anybody have GS's official vertical and barefoot height measurements like we had for PM?

T

When Garrett wasn't handcuffed by refs, he played extremely well all year. When you breath on a player and they call a foul, it's really hard to play good defense. I understand GS is slow footed, but I think a lot of his problems with his "slow feet" on defense that people talk about, stem from his hesitance towards playing physical. If he can increase his speed and quickness just a bit, paired with the play style of the NBA (refs letting players play a bit more physical), GS could have a long career as a role player.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If Greg Dreiling could have a long and lucrative career as a backup and role player...

Comment

These guys are young and they are gaining skills and experience every day. If he gets better after college that would be no reason to be mad. That wouldn't mean he was holding out on us or something. Paul Miller owning college guys in a pickup game after a couple seasons of pro training and competition is to be expected. If he did not do that it would be disappointing. I bet Garrett will do that too in the future. Also I remember Paul being notorio

Comment

Notorious for zero hops. If he plays above the rim now, it just goes to show what the added years of work can do. I love both of these guys. It's really cool to have another guy like Paul come around. Hopefully Garrett has some success too

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if recent college grads don't juice up a little in preparation for the NBA camps. A little vitamin S would go a long way towards ripping GS up and getting him ready to be his best. Of course, he would have to get off the stuff before anything is official. Just a little boost to strip away the baby fat and gain a little more lean muscle tissue.

T

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if recent college grads don't juice up a little in preparation for the NBA camps. A little vitamin S would go a long way towards ripping GS up and getting him ready to be his best. Of course, he would have to get off the stuff before anything is official. Just a little boost to strip away the baby fat and gain a little more lean muscle tissue.

T

Ya, you've described Stutz to a tee. Great analysis of the type of person he is.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Ya, you've described Stutz to a tee. Great analysis of the type of person he is.
                      I didn't mean it as an attack on the big fella's character or even as an inference that he would use them. It was more of a statement that he could really benefit from a metabolism boost (EO doesn't need this). We aren't talking about bench pressing 3,000lbs or running a 40 in 2 seconds... I think you would be surprised how many performance enhancements are used at the highest levels. I personally don't think it would be cheating when used as a "get in shape" type of deal. Now to use them in the regular season is another thing altogether.

T

Comment

I don't think GS needs a boost of any type. I think he was hampered by officials trying to create a "level playing field" . GS is a bit slow for a big guy, so it looked more obvious when GS fouled someone than when a more athletic player committed a foul.

That doesn't seem to be a big concern for NBA scouts. Another thing favoring GS is that he was really uncoordinated as a Fr and is still gaining coordination. GS is likely to be more athletic, quicker, and faster next year - and the year after that. That could get him drafted.

For a second-round draft choice, Stutz offers a lot. He's a 7' guy who can shoot from 3 - even in the NBA. He's a 7' guy who's still growing into his body. He's a 7' guy you can put into a game in the last minute or two because he's nails on throws. That last sentence could get him an NBA gig.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I personally don't think it would be cheating when used as a "get in shape" type of deal.
                          And that's where you're wrong, and the exact mentality that has caused our steroid epidemic in this country.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            And that's where you're wrong, and the exact mentality that has caused our steroid epidemic in this country.
                            There are millions of grown men all over the country having testosterone prescribed by their doctors. It is being done to bring them back to the levels they were at when they were 21. It is perfectly legal and apparently very popular. My comment towards GS is based on a profile of his physical makeup. Let's take two 7 footers, EO and GS. Which one is at an anabolic disadvantage? Again, I'm not saying GS should start sticking himself in the ass with a syringe, just saying it would definitely help "get him up to speed". We are not talking about turning GS into Arnold Schwarzenegger. He is at a physical disadvantage. I bet his bench press and squat compared to EO are abysmal.

I've spent a lot of time in the gym over the years and have had plenty of opportunities to use anabolic steroids. I've never used them and don't condone anybody breaking the law. But there is no questioning their effectiveness at either evening the playing field or giving someone a decided advantage. In GS's case, I was referring to the former. GS was given the genetic instructions to grow tall, but not strong. He can influence his strength in the gym but only to a point. There are many natural (legal) supplements he can take that will more subtly influence his anabolic state. I would highly recommend he take those if they aren't banned by the NBA.

T

Comment

T

I often wonder about you and why you were un-banned.

Comment

GS strength compared to EO.

Comment

Working...
                                X