No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The second round of the NBA Draft is always interesting. As the round progresses sometimes one gets the feeling that some teams just don't want to waste any money on another player and they more or less throw the pick away...

Second Round Prospects with Mega Potential

"4. Garrett Stutz, a 7'0, 250 pound center from Wichita State.

Stutz helped his cause appreciably by playing very well at the Portsmouth Invitational and being named to the All-Tournament Team. Guys like this should always get drafted late by playoff contending teams who need some depth at center. This could absolutely work in his favor.

With a quality group of guys and a well run franchise (including coaching) he could continue to develop and flourish as a role player who can step out and make shots, rebound, defend, play hard, use his fouls, and make the occasional bucket inside to keep you honest. We think he has a chance."
    "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Vote for Garrett @ Bleacher Report.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        Vote for Garrett @ Bleacher Report.
        Done!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

anyone know if Stutz and Murry are participating in the NBA draft combine that started yesterday?

Comment

In an interview that KSN had with Joe Ragland the other day, they said he had tried out for 2-3 NBA teams. I remember them saying the LA Clippers was one team. I forget the others. I haven't found any video of the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
              anyone know if Stutz and Murry are participating in the NBA draft combine that started yesterday?
              They aren't on this list I ran across, and ******* is known to do his homework.

Comment

Don't know about Toure' but I heard that Garrett has a nagging injury that may have kept him from the camp, but I don't have any updates lately. I know he has impressed people that matter.

Comment

Seth Davis said Stutz was his 2nd round sleeper.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Not surprisingly, the 2 dissenters are a gay Creighton fan and a gay KU fan. Not that there's anything wrong with that...just not surprising.

Comment

I think it is more likely that he plays in the NBA for several years; than it is that he is actually drafted.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if someone took a chance on a 7 footer with his offensive potential. Regardless, he'll get a shot somewhere.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Man, I really want to see that guy do well. I think we all know how to be realistic with our expectations because we've watched him for so long. We've seen everything from slow footwork and fouls to emphatic drives to the basket, 3 balls and ambidextrous post moves. I just hope he keeps working hard at getting better, makes it somehow to the next level and turns into someone who plays now and then. I'd love to watch more of him. You can rest assured that if he or Toure gets on an NBA team through any path, I will adopt that team as a new fan...even if it is (sigh) the Lakers...

Comment

Garrett could play for the East Berlin Hitlers and I would cheer for them.....not the best analogy, just sayin'.

Comment

count me in

Comment

A Shocker in the NBA is about the only way I would start watching again. I can't guarantee how much I'd watch, but it'd be a lot more than the nothing I watch now.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X