Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts are this.

Stutz will play on a NBA Summer League team. From there, who knows. But if a guy like Greg Stiemsma (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4...g-stiemsma)can play for Celtics right now, Stutz could make it somewhere. During the season, when injuries set it, he could easily get a call up. Stiemsma and Stutz have very similar builds and Stutz had a lot more experience in college.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Big difference between Garrett and Paul. Garrett is a legit 7 footer. Paul was measured at less than 6'9 during NBA camps. 6'8"+ non athletic post player are not going to make it very often in the NBA. I really liked Paul's game and I think he is still playing overseas making a lot of money. But he did not have what it takes to make it in the NBA. He came really close, but his lack of height and leaping ability was an issue.

I may be all wet, but I believe Garrett will cash an NBA check someday. He obviously needs to improve his strength and athletic ability, but don't count him out.

Comment

great day to be a Shocker...Stutz just getting drafted is a first step in showing that you don't have to go to a BCS conference to get noticed...if you are good, trust me, they will find you.

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          great day to be a Shocker...Stutz just getting drafted is a first step in showing that you don't have to go to a BCS conference to get noticed...if you are good, trust me, they will find you.
          Link?
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Uh...the draft isnt until June 28th...Garrett has an outside chance of being drafter but he definitely is not a guarantee. Perhaps you misinterpreted the thread title?

Comment

Something tells me coming to a premature conclusion is a habit with you.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

well Im glad we are under a new administration for Shockernet, otherwise me and my "dumb" comments would have been sent packing a long time ago..any ways, I was more or less commenting or getting excited to the fact that these draft sites or media even considered Stutz "draft" worthy, but I guess a few member on this board assumed I meant he was already drafted. I accept your apology for your confusion. :cheerful:

Comment

well Im glad we are under a new administration for Shockernet, otherwise me and my "dumb" comments would have been sent packing a long time ago..any ways, I was more or less commenting or getting excited to the fact that these draft sites or media even considered Stutz "draft" worthy, but I guess a few member on this board assumed I meant he was already drafted. I accept your apology for your confusion. :cheerful:
                  Its not that your comment was dumb. In fact, if it were June 28th and Stutz was drafted, it would make perfect sense. But go back and read it. There is nothing in that statement that sounded like you were just excited about the possibility of Stutz being considered draft worthy. You made it sound like you thought he was already drafted. "Stutz just getting drafted" was confusing and made it sound like it had occurred.

Comment

Proof read. Then try to read it as if someone else wrote it. Then think really hard - "Should I hit that 'Post' button or would it be better just to return to the forum index.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

@choida:'s post can be taken both ways. I knew what he meant when I read his post because I knew the draft hadn't happened yet. Sometimes you just need to be able to figure things out instead of being stuck on one interpretation.

Comment

thanks man, sometimes people want to gang up on new people on this board, and it becomes a snow ball effect.

Comment

Letting something go is not the nature of many on this board, even if it is worth letting go. Trust me, I know. It is one of the main reasons I got tired of running SN.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            Letting something go is not the nature of many on this board, even if it is worth letting go.
                            Big time +++++++++1 to this! Sometimes it's best just to turn the other cheek.
                            "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                              Big difference between Garrett and Paul. Garrett is a legit 7 footer. Paul was measured at less than 6'9 during NBA camps. 6'8"+ non athletic post player are not going to make it very often in the NBA. I really liked Paul's game and I think he is still playing overseas making a lot of money. But he did not have what it takes to make it in the NBA. He came really close, but his lack of height and leaping ability was an issue.

I may be all wet, but I believe Garrett will cash an NBA check someday. He obviously needs to improve his strength and athletic ability, but don't count him out.
                              Paul Miller measured 6'9.75" in socks and displayed a very impressive vertical leap during the pre-draft evaluations. Paul was a legit 6'10" center. His natural athleticism is miles beyond Garrett's, but who knows how much skill GS can develop. For Garrett to make it to the NBA I believe he needs to weigh 280lbs (mostly muscle not fat) and be an absolute unmovable object with an uncanny knack to score with range. He also needs to learn how to block shots.. timing is everything.

T

...:cool:
                              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; April 22, 2012, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Paul Miller listed in at 6' 8.5" without shoes and 6' 9.25" with shoes (see above link).

Edit:

Garrett is listed at 6' 11" without shoes. Also Garrett is listed as having a 7' 3" wingspan to Paul's 7' 0" wingspan.

This website has a lot of sortable draft data: http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/
                                Last edited by The Mad Hatter; April 22, 2012, 10:15 PM.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X