No announcement yet.

Stutz 2012 NBA draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He would actually be better off not getting drafted in the second round. No guarantee's. He can then choose a perfect fit.

Comment

• ESPN has ranked 58, with a position rank of 8. Obviously projected as a late second round pick.

Side note: don't think for a second that Garrett isn't very athletic. I've seen some of his crazy throwdowns. He has a full arsenal of windmill, tomahawk and full clutch dunks.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I've heard so many explain why garrett isn't good enough that its becoming tiresome. Yeah, we all get it. It's possible that he won't be drafted. Give me a break. We are Shocker fans not Shocker minimizers and apologizers. I want him to succeed and he has my full support. I don't see the point of focusing on his weaknesses. We haven't had a guy cone this far and get this much attention in a while. Let it be exciting please and not another outlet to be negative or a "realist."

Here's to hope and support...and some good luck

Comment

• If he gets drafted, I'll cook up some crow for people to eat.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I still believe that we'll see Stutz in the NBA before Toure'. He's seven foot and has a full arsenal of offensive weapons and range. Toure' is a slasher but doesn't attack the rim and lacks range. Also, not a great ball handler. Not enough anyway to run the point. I'd love to see them both stick, but if I had to bet on one, it'd be the big fellow.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I still believe that we'll see Stutz in the NBA before Toure'. He's seven foot and has a full arsenal of offensive weapons and range. Toure' is a slasher but doesn't attack the rim and lacks range. Also, not a great ball handler. Not enough anyway to run the point. I'd love to see them both stick, but if I had to bet on one, it'd be the big fellow.
              Agree with this. There are plenty of 6'5'' slashers all over the country. There are just a handful of 7 footers that are not in the NBA that have the skill set that GS has.

Comment

• I'd go 30-70 he gets drafted, and 70-30 that he eventually plays in the NBA.

Comment

• I am onboard with that. People who say he is a lock might be overzealous, but people who say he sucks and are 100% that he won't make it are just as silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    I'd go 30-70 he gets drafted, and 70-30 that he eventually plays in the NBA.
                    I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                      There is no way on God's green earth that Stutz is drafted. I feel he will be signed as a FA and play some D-League games. Maybe spend some times overseas. See the writing on the wall that he will not make the NBA and then find a new career and be very successful. I hope he does get drafted or make an NBA squad to get WSU some more pub for recruiting and attention on the national scene, but I seriously doubt that happens. I'd be more willing to bet Toure would make an NBA through free agency.
                      Your made progress on your own opinion during your own post. You evolved from "there is no way on God's green earth that Stutz is drafted" to "I hope that he does get drafted but seriously doubt it". Good Luck Garrett.

Comment

• Good call Shockmonster, just sayin I feel there is no chance he gets drafted BUT I am a die hard dub fan, so I do wish he would be drafted. I just dont see that happening. Im not trying to talk junk on him, just giving my opinion. But I'd be more than happy to eat some crow if he is drafted
                        Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

• To reach the NBA, Garrett needs to get his motor going into a higher gear then what he showed in college. Lots of quick jumping and lateral spurts in the big leagues. He's a hard worker and I hope he makes it.

Comment

• Yeah definitely. I might actually care more about the nba if he gets drafted or signed somewhere.

Comment

• Instead of questioning Garrett's draftability, I think we should be celebrating his hard work and tremendous progress.

Out of HS, (as I recall) he was rated somewhere in the 200 - 300 range. Now, all the rankings have him in the 50's - 70's. All those guys in the top 300 probably wanted to make the NBA and most of them probably worked in college to try to make it. Garrett passed maybe 150 - 200 guys in 4 years. I doubt that many reading this have any idea how hard that is. Garrett's progress in college surpassed that of about 3/4 of the top players in his HS class. Aand those plyers were all aiming for the same NBA career for which Garrett is being considered.

Instead of applauding that work ethic and the results of Garrett's hard work, people are still complaining because they think he's too slow, too awkward, can't jump, and about every other criticism that can be found, imagined, or invented.

The fact that Garrett is even being considered for the draft is such an accomplishment, that picking his gme apart in order to argue why he will never be drafted just seems really petty.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Because the sports chatter meme is to *****, *****, *****. I heard it on 610 and 810 as I was driving back from KC today, from the hosts and a fair number of listeners. As happens on here, if you don't ***** enough, you'll be at best considered someone out of touch with reality, and at worst a rose-colored glasses-wearing pollyanna-ish sunshine pumper. And this all from the same set of facts before one's eyes - it is just a matter of whether you're going to focus primarily on positives or negatives. IMHO, as one who has worked their entire adult life with young people, you have to work to strike a careful balance between the two. Give plenty of praise for the positives, and then teach, teach, teach to minimize and/or eliminate the negatives. And how you do that with each kid is different. Some kids I have to be pretty gentle with, others I can nearly go into a drill sergeant routine.
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                                X