Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Rojas at the 4, but he’s a dumbass. Anyone can see it. He has talent, but often no brains.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      No Ricks, no Abidde.
      Unfortunately, the way we struggle to pull away from teams like this, they may not get many opportunities to gain more game experience and will spend the rest of the season riding the pine. Hopefully they will stick with it, especially Abidde, as he'll have more minutes available to him next year with Okafor and Rojas graduating.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        No Ricks, no Abidde.
        Need to play them. They're the only two guys who can transfer out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Didn't realize that in real time .. but thats ... telling...
          Hard to play Ricks when Walton is the team's second best player behind CP3. I wouldn't mind seeing more Abidde, but it's not easy to play 12 guys every game. Was nice to see Bell and Okafor get more run today; WSU needs to have some depth pieces to be consistently successful.

Speaking of minutes, Quincy Ballard must be punching air watching another walk-on get minutes over him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Ashockalypse;n1366627]
            Ok Chief, if you have 62 years beat, then hats off to ya! But I guess no one in the top 100 got your favor until Craig came along?
            [/QUOTE

I've had many favorites since the late 70's. I like Porter. I don't remember having a pg who can do everything he can do. FVV is still the best Shocker pg I've seen. Like I said, you are welcome to your own opinion but you can't have mine.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• 1. Coach Waterman is a way better interview than HCIB.
              2. Coach Waterman is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better interview that Jaykwon Walton.
              3. Grand Canyon is a middle-of-the-pack team in today's Valley.
              4. Putting Rojas back in is wrong, bad, gutless.
              5. Pierre is a chucker
              6. Nice to see Bell play well.
              7. Poo gave nice minutes
              8. Porter is a really nice player.
              9. We outrebounded them by 4 (big woo)
              10. Porter, Poo, X, and JW shot well, everybody else combined for 5 -28

Comment

• Their 3 pt shooting wasn't great, but I gotta give our D some of the credit. We were closing out fast and strong, and, at least on TV, those were some looong arms up high on the closeouts. When they were swinging the ball, we don't leave much room to feed anything. With that length, and Porters uncanny blocking ability from the point, I have to believe that as our communication improves, our D is just gonna get nastier. I can cheer for Shocker team that teams struggle to get 60 on.
                I'd love to see Quincy back there cleaning up, I hope he gets more PT. The 7 footer dove on the ground for a loose ball man. The only way big I can remember hitting the floor was Stutz tripping on his shoelaces..

Comment

• Glad to see Bell have a confidence boosting game. He had a 4” advantage over his defender and he exploited it, which is good awareness. Jaykwon with another solid game. I guess he’s gonna be the garbage guy. He’s a good rebounder and does the dirty work to get his points, which is nice to see. We go as Porter go, so let’s hope he can stay healthy cuz our backup is quite a drop off right now.

Comment

• Glad our D looks good…. But statistically we are one of, if not the single worst offensive team in the country through 4 games. I fear our lack of offensive system will lead to some historically bad games this year.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Until the Shox realize what a good shot is we will really struggle. IB never stopped the bad shot selection last year and in the games so far this year it appears any shot is a “good shot”. I for one don’t get it. Any high school coach worth a damn will tell a kid if he shoots a bad shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                            Until the Shox realize what a good shot is we will really struggle. IB never stopped the bad shot selection last year and in the games so far this year it appears any shot is a “good shot”. I for one don’t get it. Any high school coach worth a damn will tell a kid if he shoots a bad shot.
                            Honestly, I did not see that many “bad shots” today. We’re just terrible shooters of good shots

Comment

• Things I liked..rebounding …defense.. Porrter ..Bell ..things I disliked…clock awareness..to many bad shots…but It’s a quality win..
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                Honestly, I did not see that many “bad shots” today. We’re just terrible shooters of good shots
                                If you rush a shot to avoid a defender, it is a bad shot, same as forcing a shot in the face of a defender. You have to have time to use your normal shooting motion.

Comment

Working...
                                X