Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Is this televised?
    CBS Sports Network

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm going with closest one to 100 wins.

I'm just glad Asborn Mittgardt isn't there, I was not looking forward to getting abused by the Ex in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'm going with closest one to 100 wins.
        Gonna laugh when we win 106 to 99 in 4OT

Comment

CBS Sports 260 on Cox
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Made it to the arena. $10 tickets on StubHub. We are sitting mid court about 20 rows up from the court. Talked to UNI fan. Reminiscing about the valley days.

Comment

Listening to MK and Mr Close on the pregame. MK makes excuses for everything and Close can't express his feelings. Bah

Comment

Want to mention that former South High PG and 1995 Kansas Gatorade Player of 1995, Jamall Walker is an assistant coach with GCU. He was previously an assistant at Illinois between 2012-2020 and played for Charlie Spoonhour at St. Louis for 4 years. In 1988, he and the Billikens lost to the eventual NCCA champions, Kentucky, in the second round of the NCAA tourney. One of the nicest and best kids I've ever known during my recreational coaching days. Very fondly remember a Shocker BB game where he came up to me where I was sitting. He said that he and his family were visiting. He then wanted me to come to where he was sitting to meet his wife and son. That was something I will always cherish.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Want to mention that former South High PG and 1995 Kansas Gatorade Player of 1995, Jamall Walker is an assistant coach with GCU. He was previously an assistant at Illinois between 2012-2020 and played for Charlie Spoonhour at St. Louis for 4 years. In 1988, he and the Billikens lost to the eventual NCCA champions, Kentucky, in the second round of the NCAA tourney. One of the nicest and best kids I've ever known during my recreational coaching days. Very fondly remember a Shocker BB game where he came up to me where I was sitting. He said that he and his family were visiting. He then wanted me to come to where he was sitting to meet his wife and son. That was something I will always cherish.
                  Special moments indeed. Nothing like seeing kids with whom you were invested one way or the other, succeed in life.

Comment

Should be a good game. Hopefully we continue to get better and take the positives off the Richmond game. Don’t settle for 3s and work the ball, defense and rebound. That’s the only way this team can win at this point. Toss up game. Don’t know much about Grand Canyon other than Mitguard going there and going to the Big Dance.

Comment

Grand Canyon looks pretty solid

Comment

Lots of 3s

Comment

Pierre with a really quick trigger

Comment

KP is oh for this fall from 3

Comment

If we shoot another 3 like the first 7 I'm going postal. Fair warning.

Comment

Porter and Walton is a really good combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X