Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Grand Canyon (11/21/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The main thing to improve on offense is that Kenny has to start hitting 35% of his 3 point shots. That would be 6-10 more points a game. I know that Brown thinks he can (so in practice he must be doing it), and I remember last year, when he won the 3 point contest in Shocker Madness (his 3 point shot looked good), he did good. But he's bad right now.

Comment

• I don't mind KP having the green light as a reward IF he's doing other things well. He ain't. Pooh Bear plays stronger in the post, right now, in limited minutes.

The good news is WSU has 2 legit posts that aren't 6'7" who can match up with anyone outside of Houston (most won't) or maybe Memphis. 3rd place sounds about right.

Comment

• Grand Canyon up 37-23 with 3 mins to go in 1st half! They might score more today in the first half than they did all game against us!
        Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• Originally posted by RussDaBus View Post
          Grand Canyon up 37-23 with 3 mins to go in 1st half! They might score more today in the first half than they did all game against us!
          Only two points short of that! You can really notice just how athletic and long and good defensively WSU is when you see Grand Canyon going against northern Iowa. If only we could shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            I don't mind KP having the green light as a reward IF he's doing other things well. He ain't. Pooh Bear plays stronger in the post, right now, in limited minutes.

The good news is WSU has 2 legit posts that aren't 6'7" who can match up with anyone outside of Houston (most won't) or maybe Memphis. 3rd place sounds about right.
            I'll explain it one more time. KP is suppose to take that wide open three at the top of the key. Our shooting guards are suppose to take OPEN looks. Can't have defenders not respecting them and sagging / clogging up the paint for our slashers. Keep getting good looks and they will start making them. IMO none of our centers are good man to man defenders but all three are okay playing zone as long as they don't to stray too far out.

Comment

• Interesting note during the UNI/GCU game today. Yesterdays point total for GCU was the lowest in their program history...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Interesting note during the UNI/GCU game today. Yesterdays point total for GCU was the lowest in their program history...
                They also only scored 46 this year against Nevada

Comment

• These announcers are so bad though. Yesterday with all that Pooh Bear stuff. And if I hear “spin cycle” or “corner pocket” one more time, so help me. Not to mention the Isaac Brown becoming an “elite coach” comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

I'll explain it one more time. KP is suppose to take that wide open three at the top of the key. Our shooting guards are suppose to take OPEN looks. Can't have defenders not respecting them and sagging / clogging up the paint for our slashers. Keep getting good looks and they will start making them. IMO none of our centers are good man to man defenders but all three are okay playing zone as long as they don't to stray too far out.
                    Yeah, right.

Run the 6'11" 240 lb. guy out to the 3 pt. line. Hey, it works in the NBA right? Except in this case no one thinks KP is an NBA caliber talent, at least that's been shown so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Yeah, right.

Run the 6'11" 240 lb. guy out to the 3 pt. line. Hey, it works in the NBA right? Except in this case no one thinks KP is an NBA caliber talent, at least that's been shown so far.
                      we all know Kenny can make the 3. He just needs to recognize if the shot if falling for him on a game by game basis. Sometimes its just off for whatever reason and you stop shooting it. But, you do have to take 2 or 3 to know if it's working. Kenny is not forcing the 3, he's taking the wide open 3 which is designed into the play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        we all know Kenny can make the 3.
                        We do? We know he is willing and able to shoot the 3. I think the jury is still out on Kenny as to whether he can be a maker. He was so-so last year at 30% while putting up 1.9 attempts per game. He is not close to that this year at 14% while taking 3.5 attempts per game.

Of course, Kenny isn't alone on this team for struggling from 3. Jaron Pierre and Xavier Bell are just as bad or worse.

Let's hope the making begins soon. Today would be a good time to start.

Comment

• But UNI still has at-large chances, right?
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            But UNI still has at-large chances, right?
                            Lots of chances for quality wins still!

(ignores fact they don't have a D1 win yet).

BTW what in the AF is South Florida doing taking a roadie to Cedar Falls?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Lots of chances for quality wins still!

(ignores fact they don't have a D1 win yet).

BTW what in the AF is South Florida doing taking a roadie to Cedar Falls?
                              To experience snow and frostbite?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• How much $$$ did Ben Jacobson cost himself over his career?

Kudos to him for the loyalty, but damn man, it’s not like they are paying him like WSU was paying 3Gs
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X