No announcement yet.

Fire the coaching staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you wonder why the big boosters aren’t all on board to throw more money at WSU think back to the full page add they took out in the Eagle saying do not fire HCGM. Yet the newly hired, and quickly fired, former president Golden said nope, I’m firing him. Idiot Golden did more damage to Shocker basketball and WSU’s reputation than IB could ever do. Hopefully the big boosters come back at some point, but they may not for a while, if ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

We may be looking at this wrong. If having a new coach next year resulted in have 4,000 more tickets sold per game, isn't that between 3 and 4 million in revenue considering a lot of those would be season tickets? Add to that, uniting all the boosters and the question is: How can we afford not to fire him?
      You are correct some of the losses may be recouped but are we really going to sell 4K more tickets than we do now? I’m not sure what it will take me to get back to regularly going to college basketball games, but it will be a hell of a lot more than a new coach unless the impossible happened and then maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You are correct some of the losses may be recouped but are we really going to sell 4K more tickets than we do now? I’m not sure what it will take me to get back to regularly going to college basketball games, but it will be a hell of a lot more than a new coach unless the impossible happened and then maybe.
        I don't know on the 4000. If we hired a coach than genuinely excited people, I think they would come back in droves but maybe not. Somebody like Chris Jans or the North Texas coach with Matt Briar, just as a couple of examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’m with you. Imagine if money was absolutely no obstacle at all. I’m still not sure there’d be a human being on the planet to hire to be our coach who would excite our fanbase enough to immediately sell out the arena. The overall state of college basketball has probably forever changed that for the worse.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I’m with you. Imagine if money was absolutely no obstacle at all. I’m still not sure there’d be a human being on the planet to hire to be our coach who would excite our fanbase enough to immediately sell out the arena. The overall state of college basketball has probably forever changed that for the worse.
            Kelvin Sampson would fill it up quickly. Maybe even Chris Jans would. Coach K -- money since money is no object ... I can think of others.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; December 4, 2022, 04:21 PM.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Since money is, what does everyone think of Kellen Sampson as a candidate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Kelvin Sampson would fill it up quickly. Maybe even Chris Jans would. Coach K -- money since money is no object ... I can think of others.
                Patino might bring ‘em out of the woodwork; every hooker and pimp in the county would be at ‘Coke’ Arena.

Bros and Hoes, Bros and Hoes…

“The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria”, oh, never-mind…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

We may be looking at this wrong. If having a new coach next year resulted in have 4,000 more tickets sold per game, isn't that between 3 and 4 million in revenue considering a lot of those would be season tickets? Add to that, uniting all the boosters and the question is: How can we afford not to fire him?
                  While that may be true, I'm sure the University can not fire him without the money actually accounted for. Well technically it would be accounting for how we pay for a new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Patino might bring ‘em out of the woodwork; every hooker and pimp in the county would be at ‘Coke’ Arena.

Bros and Hoes, Bros and Hoes…

“The Nina, the Pinta, the Santa Maria”, oh, never-mind…
                    Yeah that's one of the others I could think of ... maybe a few more too.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Coach K would add a damn thing in Wichita, Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think Coach K would add a damn thing in Wichita, Kansas.
                        You serious Clark?

Comment

• Calipari while we’re dreaming

Comment

• Tony…

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                              Since money is, what does everyone think of Kellen Sampson as a candidate?
                              Yes, but I think he’s waiting for pops to retire and inherit his Big 12 gig.

Comment

• What about the recently retired Villanova coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X