• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Again, name one.
    LOL

Grant McCasland
    Greg Heiar
    Bob Richey (I know he has gotten a lot of flack on this board because of 76 but he actually has been pretty successful at Furman)
    Bryan Mullins
    Darian DeVries

And that’s from a quick search. None of those guys have something that can be used against them in recruiting and hurt perception like Marshall does. Right or wrong, that’s reality.

It’s amazing that we even have to have this conversation. Marshall is gone. He ain’t coming back. And it’s utterly insane to suggest otherwise.

Would Marshall have done better than IB overall? Likely. But he’s gone. We can pay tribute to him as the best coach we’ve had (or right alongside Ralph Miller) without suggesting something that has no possibility of happening.
    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; November 13, 2022, 11:37 AM.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Grant McCasland - $800,000 (not sure this would work considering UNT is joining the AAC)
      Greg Heiar - $300,000
      Chris Jans - $2,400,000 (not going to work)
      Bob Richey - Not disclosed, probably feasible.
      Bryan Mullins - $475,000
      Darian DeVries - $500,000
      Jeff Boals - $581,000
      Jeff Linder - $700,000
      Probably need to limit the list to candidates in the $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 range unless the donor base steps up. I've added the current salaries of the coaches you listed above. I also added Jeff Boals from Ohio University and Jeff Linder from Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Probably need to limit the list to candidates in the $1,000,000 to $1,500,000 range unless the donor base steps up. I've added the current salaries of the coaches you listed above. I also added Jeff Boals from Ohio University and Jeff Linder from Wyoming.
        Good call. Helpful information.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

LOL

Grant McCasland
          Greg Heiar
          Bob Richey (I know he has gotten a lot of flack on this board because of 76 but he actually has been pretty successful at Furman)
          Bryan Mullins
          Darian DeVries

And that’s from a quick search. None of those guys have something that can be used against them in recruiting and hurt perception like Marshall does. Right or wrong, that’s reality.

It’s amazing that we even have to have this conversation. Marshall is gone. He ain’t coming back. And it’s utterly insane to suggest otherwise.

Would Marshall have done better than IB overall? Likely. But he’s gone. We can pay tribute to him as the best coach we’ve had (or right alongside Ralph Miller) without suggesting something that has no possibility of happening.
          This .. all of this ...

As much as this fanbase wants to overlook perceptions .. it's important in recruiting .. I hope whoever threw out the "lib-tard" comment realizes that nearly every single player we recruit (and their families) would likely fall into that group.

Comment

Strong assumption
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Strong assumption
              While that’s probably true, their political views mean next to nothing when it comes to the way they, as a player and his parents, view the story.

Comment

Let's not ever mention Turgeon as a potential option again. We want someone that actually believes Wichita can be a major player.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  Let's not ever mention Turgeon as a potential option again. We want someone that actually believes Wichita can be a major player.
                  In my mind, Turg is an option in a Larry brown type role.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I'm not sure if he can fill Larry's pants. Does he cheat? Does he **** cheerleaders?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I'm not sure if he can fill Larry's pants. Does he cheat? Does he **** cheerleaders?
                      I'm guessing you are saying those are bad things.

Comment

What would you fill Larry’s pants with??

I mean bring Turg in for a year with a HCIW.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'm guessing you are saying those are bad things.
                          not in Lawrence

Comment

not in Lawrence
                            Or Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

You mean kinda sorta like the same role he played when he was a -ahem- "consultant" for the Pan Am team 5 years ago when VanVleet was cut? Sure.

Remember when he complained about how hard it was to succeed at this level? He wasn't too good for Maryland. It was more like the other way around.

Remember when he took the 6'10" WSU pivot from Virginia with him to cavernous Reed Arena? We don't need that turd. We're not that hard up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You mean kinda sorta like the same role he played when he was a -ahem- "consultant" for the Pan Am team 5 years ago when VanVleet was cut? Sure.

Remember when he complained about how hard it was to succeed at this level? He wasn't too good for Maryland. It was more like the other way around.

Remember when he took the 6'10" WSU pivot from Virginia with him to cavernous Reed Arena? We don't need that turd. We're not that hard up.
                                Speaking to people who know Mark, I think he understands he didn’t realize at the time how good he had it here. That was 15 years ago. I forgive him.

Comment

Working...
                                X