Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't read like Taylor is holding back at all in his article. Good for him.

Comment

• Xavier Bell is 1-11 from the field and 0-7 from three and has started both of the first two games. He should not be starting or playing many minutes. Pohto looked more alive in this game and I really liked Walton. Other than that this game was a steaming pile of fly infested horse sh!t.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Xavier Bell is 1-11 from the field and 0-7 from three and has started both of the first two games. He should not be starting or playing many minutes. Pohto looked more alive in this game and I really liked Walton. Other than that this game was a steaming pile of fly infested horse sh!t.
        Shammah Scott forced them to run the sets a few times and got that 6-pt run for Pohto. Bench the others.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Xavier Bell is 1-11 from the field and 0-7 from three and has started both of the first two games. He should not be starting or playing many minutes. Pohto looked more alive in this game and I really liked Walton. Other than that this game was a steaming pile of fly infested horse sh!t.
          XB hasn't shown me anything to point to being a starter, or even primary bench player. He's a warm body honestly. I'd take Ricks or Pierre at the 2, or even Walton at the 2 and someone different at the 3. We have talent. They may not be playing well right now, but at least you can see the talent in a lot of these guys.

Comment

Xavier Bell is 1-11 from the field and 0-7 from three and has started both of the first two games.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Our three point shooting is horrid, with a couple of exceptions.

Porter 3-7
              Walton 2-6
              Pohto 1-4
              Pierre 0-6
              Rojas 1-5
              Okafor 3-7
              Abidde 0-2
              Bell 0-7
              Scott 0-1

Ricks is supposed to be a great shooter and hasn't taken one yet.

Small sample size, but 10-45 (22%) as a team is shitty.

Those guys inside the arc are much better

Porter 10-15
              Walton 5-11
              Pohto 5-10
              Pierre 6-8
              Rojas 4-8
              Okafor 2-3
              Abidde 3-3
              Bell 1-4
              Scott 0-4

Ballard 4-5
              Ricks 1-2

40-73 (55%) is pretty good
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Our three point shooting is horrid, with a couple of exceptions.

Porter 3-7
                    Walton 2-6
                    Pohto 1-4
                    Pierre 0-6
                    Rojas 1-5
                    Okafor 3-7
                    Abidde 0-2
                    Bell 0-7
                    Scott 0-1
                    The guy with ZERO makes should not be tied for most attempts.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• At some point you gotta realize it’s just not your night from three and start banging the ball inside. That atrocity was inexcusable.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Those two videos showing our awful shooting, plus Alcorn's defensive plan are proof that unless we can either hit a fair percentage of 3s or make up for it by an insane percentage around the basket, we're going to struggle mightily game after game after game.

Our one true 3pt maker isn't likely to see the court this year.

Comment

• I watched this game to the bitter end. That was way worse than I ever could have imagined. Coaching... well, lack of it... was an issue again. I'm of the opinion that the program should just cut the head coach loose right now. Nebraska Football made a coaching mistake, owned it, and paid $14M to correct it. We would get off cheap if we could just admit our mistake! Every day we don't, is another day longer before the program starts to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faithful View Post
                            I watched this game to the bitter end. That was way worse than I ever could have imagined. Coaching... well, lack of it... was an issue again. I'm of the opinion that the program should just cut the head coach loose right now. Nebraska Football made a coaching mistake, owned it, and paid $14M to correct it. We would get off cheap if we could just admit our mistake! Every day we don't, is another day longer before the program starts to improve.
                            Nebraska also benefits from a conference TV deal that brings in tens of millions a year and a football program that does the same in donations, tickets and merchandise.

WSU has none of those. While our TV deal is much better than it was in the MVC, it's not enough to allow us to easily erase mistakes.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Watch Abidde on the 3rd in the sequence post shot!! I saw this live and thought about how it should be used in after game film session...OMG!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Those two videos showing our awful shooting, plus Alcorn's defensive plan are proof that unless we can either hit a fair percentage of 3s or make up for it by an insane percentage around the basket, we're going to struggle mightily game after game after game.

Our one true 3pt maker isn't likely to see the court this year.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X