Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Alcorn State (11/12/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB getting ejected is one of the toughest things to even imagine. It would be epic, I just struggle to picture it. I'd pay good money to see that happen just once.

If IB gets ejected I'll give $1000 to Shocker Athletics or Armchair
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      IB getting ejected is one of the toughest things to even imagine. It would be epic, I just struggle to picture it. I'd pay good money to see that happen just once.

He got a tech in one of his first games .. and has been gun shy towards the refs ever since. He needs to find the happy middle ground between current IB and Vein-popping out Marshall.

Comment

IB getting ejected is one of the toughest things to even imagine. It would be epic, I just struggle to picture it. I'd pay good money to see that happen just once.

Kinda wish he’d go ‘O-Canada’ on someone…

P.S. I watched it ‘live’ and honestly thought coach Marshall might have coached his last game for the Shockers. He blew an o-ring and head-gasket simultaneously.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Kinda wish he’d go ‘O-Canada’ on someone…

P.S. I watched it ‘live’ and honestly thought coach Marshall might have coached his last game for the Shockers. He blew an o-ring and head-gasket simultaneously.
          When I saw this, it made me proud of our coach and team. Fired me up to see a coach care this much about our guys and Wichita State, even in an exhibition. Don’t get much of that around here anymore.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

When I saw this, it made me proud of our coach and team. Fired me up to see a coach care this much about our guys and Wichita State, even in an exhibition. Don’t get much of that around here anymore.
            I heard a similar comment from a family member that played college basketball several moons ago. He's a big Jayhawk fan and said that incident made him like Wichita State and Greg Marshall even more. As you said, coach Marshall showed how much he genuinely cared. I didn't always agree with his coaching style and methods, but by golly, I'd sure want him in my "foxhole".

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Better hope he's not a "Hoosiers" and Gene Hackman fan. I'd smell a fix in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

A coach could dial it back a notch or two and still show more than our current coach. IB most likely was sitting on the bench during this conflict, waiting for the game to presume. Greg Heiar was in the middle of the conflict, at least trying to help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

A coach could dial it back a notch or two and still show more than our current coach. IB most likely was sitting on the bench during this conflict, waiting for the game to presume. Greg Heiar was in the middle of the conflict, at least trying to help.
                  Not true. IB was absolutely in the mix and actually took a couple of "get outta here" shoves from Marshall.

Comment

Nebraska also benefits from a conference TV deal that brings in tens of millions a year and a football program that does the same in donations, tickets and merchandise.

WSU has none of those. While our TV deal is much better than it was in the MVC, it's not enough to allow us to easily erase mistakes.
                    The cost of the mistake will be higher if not resolved quickly. In relation to the Nebraska Football resolution, WSU's is probably comparable... just a guess though.

Comment

• Sounds like a poster on Shockernet, not the head coach of a supposed high-level college basketball team. Does this give everyone confidence going in to the Richmond game?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not true. IB was absolutely in the mix and actually took a couple of "get outta here" shoves from Marshall.
                        Yep. You can see IB in the video. And a lot of people took a "get outta here" shove from Marshall. Among other things lol
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Sounds like a poster on Shockernet, not the head coach of a supposed high-level college basketball team. Does this give everyone confidence going in to the Richmond game?

I swear this guy just has a list of about 10 sayings on a board somewhere and he just re-uses them over....and over.....and over.....

After hearing this I am going to change my mind on the Richmond game though.

Instead of losing by 5 I am going to now say we will lose by 10+......lol
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Sounds like a poster on Shockernet, not the head coach of a supposed high-level college basketball team. Does this give everyone confidence going in to the Richmond game?

I just want to throw up when I listen to him. Is there not a role at that University that coaches anyone associated with the athletic department on competing during interviews. Good God, I hear the same style of jargon on FOX and CNN excusing how poorly Biden is ***** up our country. Jeez.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You know who “stayed in his lane?” Chris Jans.
                              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Faithful View Post

The cost of the mistake will be higher if not resolved quickly. In relation to the Nebraska Football resolution, WSU's is probably comparable... just a guess though.
                                We simply do not have 4M to throw at the problem right now, unless an unknown donor or donors are willing to foot the bill at this instant. I'm guessing he gets to finish this season before being shown the door.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X