Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas (11/07/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting a 5-star here on a recruit tonight. That can't have happened in.. ever?

Excited for him to see the arena 1/2 full since half our fanbase is of the whiney fairweather. That being said it will be about the same as the football schools he will visit elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Excited for him to see the arena 1/2 full since half our fanbase is of the whiney fairweather. That being said it will be about the same as the football schools he will visit elsewhere.
      Did the article mention him coming tonight? I read it as he (and the others) visited yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Not even sure how the computers handicap this one. I'm not touching any of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I'm whiney and will be there. So there's that.

Comment

W 78-60

Comment

WSU 78
              Bears 60.5
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Remember when these games were:

1)Games we trailed 2-0 or 3-0 at worst, then never again.
                2)Games we routinely forced the other team to take a TO before the under 16.
                3)Games were complete ass beatings
                4)Everyone was foaming at the mouth to put the wood to the opponent, and best of all, the opponent KNEW it.

We'll trail several times tonight. We'll be forced to take a timeout at some point. Our athleticism will probably win the day, but we don't cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  WSU 78
                  Bears 60.5
                  Toe on the line?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Toe on the line?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Clif Levingston U 79
                      Scottie Pippen U 66

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

I'm whiney and will be there. So there's that.
                        Yep. If you question the coaching or talent at all you are whiny and fairweather. You should just fall in line and not question anything. You are not a good fan if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep. If you question the coaching or talent at all you are whiny and fairweather. You should just fall in line and not question anything. You are not a good fan if you don't.
                          Some people don't think there's any accountability to be had at the University level. Blind loyalty no matter what we witness on the court.

I've also said that this town will support a team that struggles to win, if they see that team playing hard and working to improve. We haven't seen a lot of that under IB and that impacts a lot of things. Why should everyone be expected to spend hundreds, or thousands of their hard earned dollars to watch a team flounder and see a coaching staff that mostly sits on their hands and watch and nothing ever changes. That's what we saw a lot of last year, and to an extent, the year prior. Despite the winning there were a lot of red flags even then.

I will be watching, but it's hard to get excited for what we've been seeing. You can't really blame people for not wanting to give up their time and money for that. I commend those that do and are invested in sticking with it, but not everybody has that ability.

I'm sure I'll make it to a few games at some point. But between me trying to save money where I can and my social anxiety, I'm not going to invest in every game. That may change if IB flips a switch this year and he and the team show progress. But that will also mostly be the eye test as wins and losses won't tell the whole story.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Didn’t know where this belongs, but since Doc brought up IB calling a timeout tonight, here goes. Is anybody besides me, concerned every time IB calls a timeout he huddles with his assistant coaches for all but the last few seconds of the timeout then expects the team to execute whatever the coaches have decided needs to happen with 10 seconds of coaching. Makes no sense to me, to waste most of a timeout with his assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                              Didn’t know where this belongs, but since Doc brought up IB calling a timeout tonight, here goes. Is anybody besides me, concerned every time IB calls a timeout he huddles with his assistant coaches for all but the last few seconds of the timeout then expects the team to execute whatever the coaches have decided needs to happen with 10 seconds of coaching. Makes no sense to me, to waste most of a timeout with his assistants.
                              That's been brought up in game threads in the past. 3G would have a quick dialogue with the coaches and then spend most of the time in the huddle. IB seems to spend most of the time huddled with coaches and then gives the team the Cliffs Notes version of whatever they discussed.

So yes, many are concerned about that.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Don't know why but I thought of this when I read your post. My brain can be a strange organ sometimes.

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.

Well, I got the kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

Comment

Working...
                                X