Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas (11/07/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas (11/07/22)

Opponent: Central Arkansas
    Mascot: Victor E. Bear
    Date & Time: November 7, 2022 (Monday) 7:00 P.M.
    TV and Radio: ESPN+ and KEYN 103.7 FM

Shockers: Win by 6+
    81.25%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    12.50%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    6.25%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    0%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    0%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by WuShock Reaper; November 4, 2022, 07:17 PM. Reason: Corrected date of game

Victor E. Bear = 62
    Poor Bear = 83

Go Shockers!!!

Comment

Comment

Think it will be a battle the whole way through, some real game jitters to work through and it could end badly ala Louisiana Tech.

But I do think we pull it out
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Opponent: Central Arkansas
          Mascot: Victor E. Bear
          Date & Time: November 2, 2022 (Wednesday) 7:00 P.M.
          TV and Radio: ESPN+ and KEYN 103.7 FM

I believe the game is Monday November 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I believe the game is Monday November 7th.
            Thank you.

Comment

Shockers-- 77

Bears------ 63
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Come in with a 10-20 record from last season. Return a fair amount of experience. On paper they look to be guard centric. Return bulk of their scoring. Look like they are good FT team. They may be prone to turnovers, so hopeful the Shocks can apply enough D to get some easy baskets, the one big thing the Shocks have lacked the past few years.

It's probably a pretty equal matchup on paper considering the new Shocker faces. We may have edge on size. Shocks have home court which used to be good for 5 to 10 points, but selfish play has hurt the past few years. Hope that gets an adjustment. Some team offense and tight stingy defense (a la Houston) will go a long way in padding the score in Shockers favor. Hoping for a return to Shocker basketball with sharing the ball, getting TIMELY stops, and making the easy baskets. No missed bunnies would be a goal. Shocks 80, bad guys 66.

Comment

Game summary of the Wichita State Shockers vs. Central Arkansas Bears NCAAM game, final score 79-55, from November 7, 2022 on ESPN.

Shockers open as 17.5 favorites.

Comment

Vegas is more confident than most of us Shocker fans.

Comment

Shox - 68

Bears - 52
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                        Wow.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

This is Central Arkansas we're talking about. I don't think we have to be good or even play all that well to win, and win fairly easily. I'm not touching 17.5 by any means, but it seems reasonable for Vegas this early in the season and simply based on the names and history of the two programs.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I thought -17.5 was a lot as well. I didn't realize Central Arkansas was #332 on Kenpom and #305 on Bart. This should be a 20+ dominant win, but after last year I am hesitant..

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              This is Central Arkansas we're talking about. I don't think we have to be good or even play all that well to win, and win fairly easily. I'm not touching 17.5 by any means, but it seems reasonable for Vegas this early in the season and simply based on the names and history of the two programs.
                              Don't know why but I thought of this when I read your post. My brain can be a strange organ sometimes.

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.

Well, I got the kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X