Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs. Central Arkansas (11/07/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    If Pierre is going to shoot every time he gets the ball, as soon as he gets the ball, he needs to shoot at about a 90% clip.
    That was pretty much what we gathered from Taylor's breakdown of all the players a couple weeks ago. He can be dangerous because he's so quick with the ball, but he has a long history of taking bad shots and being too much of a me first player. His value all comes down to learning some discipline and getting better shot selection.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Big takeaway for me is that Porter only played 20 minutes. The team was a little disjointed and needs to improve on the rebounding front, but the bench will shorten against better competition. At this point, I assume IB is trying to figure out who is gonna step up when it matters more.

Comment

• It is hard to not get excited about what this offense could look like if Rogers gets cleared. A sharp spot-up shooter would do wonders for all of our attacks to the rim. I do not think Bell is the answer at SG.

Comment

• Announced attendance was under 7k and I'm pretty sure not all of them showed up. Lowest attended home opener in 26 years.

I trust Saal is doing what he can and it's a process.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Announced attendance was under 7k and I'm pretty sure not all of them showed up. Lowest attended home opener in 26 years.

I trust Saal is doing what he can and it's a process.
            I understand that attendance has been trending downward but I will say that the team held up their end of the bargain last night. The ball movement was better on offense and there was some good hustle on the defensive side of the ball (minus a number of lapses). Very early days but it looked more like Shocker basketball. HCIB also looked more comfortable than ever on the sideline.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That was pretty much what we gathered from Taylor's breakdown of all the players a couple weeks ago. He can be dangerous because he's so quick with the ball, but he has a long history of taking bad shots and being too much of a me first player. His value all comes down to learning some discipline and getting better shot selection.
              Yea .. Pierre is one I have my eye on as a potential negative influence on the team. He shot the ball nearly as many times as Porter last night but was still upset multiple times the ball didn't get passed his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea .. Pierre is one I have my eye on as a potential negative influence on the team. He shot the ball nearly as many times as Porter last night but was still upset multiple times the ball didn't get passed his way.
                I'll be shocked if that situation improves

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                  It is hard to not get excited about what this offense could look like if Rogers gets cleared. A sharp spot-up shooter would do wonders for all of our attacks to the rim. I do not think Bell is the answer at SG.
                  I hope he gets approved, but it's a loooooooong shot

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I'll be shocked if that situation improves
                    He might be one where it's better if he decides there aren't enough shots on this team and leaves mid year.

Key word MIGHT .. not writing him off yet but definitely displayed some bad body language

Comment

• High volume, low percentage guys are difficult to manage. Last guy we had like that was Erik Stevenson. He's still trying to figure out why the NBA isn't drooling over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Big takeaway for me is that Porter only played 20 minutes. The team was a little disjointed and needs to improve on the rebounding front, but the bench will shorten against better competition. At this point, I assume IB is trying to figure out who is gonna step up when it matters more.
                        Not so sure. I think many coaches feel like they are under pressure to give the entire team minutes, or they will have mass transfers. That's fools gold though.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not so sure. I think many coaches feel like they are under pressure to give the entire team minutes, or they will have mass transfers. That's fools gold though.
                          I guess we'll see when we play Richmond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Interesting to note that Kenny Pohto, who did not play well, only saw 13 minutes of action last night. Xavier Bell, a non-factor, also played less than the other starters.

Comment

• Pohto did not look like a second year player. He was lost on both sides. Still gets bullied down low. Hope Ballard can develop quickly, we'll need him in conference play.

Comment

• Talent (i.e., size) upgrade; it's nice not having to rely on a 6'7" center, especially when everyone expects him to be the next Wes Unseld. The transfer post from the Seminoles should play 15-20 minutes every game. Their best player Huntley had trouble getting through all the trees. Ricks has long arms (glad he stuck around).

Shot selection was pretty bad. I understand if that happens a few times a game, but come on man. Didn't see any evidence of an improved fast break offense, yet. Porter took control of a few on-the-court huddles. That is a good sign. Overall, I give a grade of C+ against an over-matched squad. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Shocks can do against a patient team that has true D1 size.

Comment

Working...
                                X