Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    And even if you badmouth the current coach, less than firing him, who is going to want to come and work for you in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

I’ve endured enough ridicule for being a shocker fan in the 90’s and early 00’s. I’ve had my fill. If they want to wallow in the suckitude that is WSU basketball they can. I will not. I have seen nothing from Saal that indicates he will right the ship other than cheerleading from the sideline.
    I think most of the posters on this board have been there through the 90’s and before. As for Saal, I would not expect him to anything but cheer for the team at this point. It’s not like he’s gonna announce anything about IB’s future midway through the season. If I were a betting man, I would put money that IB is still here next year unless Saal is secretly raising buyout money as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied

I’ve endured enough ridicule for being a shocker fan in the 90’s and early 00’s. I’ve had my fill. If they want to wallow in the suckitude that is WSU basketball they can. I will not. I have seen nothing from Saal that indicates he will right the ship other than cheerleading from the sideline.
    Then you haven’t been looking or listening closely enough.

Who would have made you happy? Firing IB in the summer or mid-season leaving us scrambling for a replacement while being in the red big-time and having no donor buy-in due to no time to build relationships?

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Not cool, Shock.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    I haven’t yet but I’m going to start, and I’ve even ordered a KState hoodie. Haven’t worn any WSU gear in over a year. I just have no pride in the product Saal is rolling out.
    Not cool, Shock.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Isaac is Saal’s employee. Every time he takes the floor, it’s a direct reflection of Saal.

Just like GM made FADDB look good, IB makes Saal look bad.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    I haven’t yet but I’m going to start, and I’ve even ordered a KState hoodie. Haven’t worn any WSU gear in over a year. I just have no pride in the product Saal is rolling out.
    Come on Shock, put the blame to whom it really belongs. Saal has to deal with a LOT more than just rolling out a product. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    Lol This ain't Saals product. It is what he inherited 6 MONTHS AGO.......

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    It pains me to admit that I’ve watched more KSU games this year than WSU ones.

Leave a comment:

• BOBB
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
    A number of reasons for this. Take a look at the baseball, swimming and soccer rosters. Basketball has camps and clubs sponsored in every inner city. If you are talented you will be found. Suburban kids’ parents foot enormous bills to get their kids to the top of the club sports. Most of these kids and their parents never expect to see a nickel of pro money.

If MLS were paying for camps and academies and had NBA style salary structures you would see a lot more black soccer players too.

100 years ago Jews were highly over represented in boxing in the US. After WWII and the GI bill getting your brains bashed in no longer seemed the best way to make a living. Boring yourself to death as an accountant or dentist or tax attorney did. Fast forward to today: how many Chechen fighters have a chemical engineering path open to them?

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Jamie Dixon can really coach. Unbelievable steal by TCU 7 seasons ago.
    IIRC, he’s a TCU grad.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Legacy hire? AND if not mistaken, his seat HAS been warm at times....
    See you tonight?

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    And yet 10 years ago, someone de-pants'ed him in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. It was so bad that his point guard cried.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X