Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Didn't watch the OU/TCU game, but the box score had some interesting stats. OU's tandem guards of starters Sherfield and Uzan got embarrassed by TCU's Miles and Baugh, so much so, OU played 2 guards (Cortes and Noland) off the bench just as much. Here's the 3 tandems' lines:

TCU Miles / Baugh: 55 minutes / 10-15 FG / 3-6 3pt / 13-14 FT / 36 points / 5 assists / 3 TO / 4 steals

OU Sherfield / Uzan: 49 minutes / 3-21 FG / 1-11 3pt (1-8 Sherfield) / 0 FT shot / 7 points / 3 assists (all Uzan) / 5 TO / 0 steals

OU Cortes / Noland: 48 minutes / 6-11 FG / 3-4 3pt / 1-2 FT / 16 points / 8 assists / 3 TO / 2 steals

TCU won 79-52.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    It's getting hard not to support K-State with what Tang is doing.
    Admiration for Tang for sure. Lot's of good KSU people out there......................., and then a few, it's best to keep one's distance from (True of every base). Cheer for them? Against some teams, that's not hard to do. Support K-State? I can't go that far.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    It pains me to admit that I’ve watched more KSU games this year than WSU ones.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Pretty impressive......and thank goodness the banty rooster whiner is gone.....

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
    Nine if you count foreign players.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What about the AAC?
    Similar, likely.

Leave a comment:

• shoxlax
    replied
    Anyone want to calculate the percentage of white scholarship players in the SEC?

Has to be single digits.
    What about the AAC?

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied

Has to be single digits.
    Last edited by Kel Varnsen; January 24, 2023, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    I've watched a little bit of MVC ball tonight, games at SIU and MSU. The SIU game is well-attended. Besides the student section, MSU's arena is virtually empty versus UIC. HutchCC games have more butts in seats. Dana Ford must not be very popular in Springfield.

As for the level of play. Meh. But SIU has pretty decent defense. I think our current Shocker team would be at least top 3.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    And for all of everything, Duke ain't the same either. They're not O fer like the 'Ville, but they aren't the Dukies either.

Coaching matters.

Leave a comment:

• Woodrow
    replied
    As bad as IB is as a head coach, look at Louisville. They went from a National Championship 10 years ago to 2 and 17 so far this year. Losses to schools named Bellarmine? Their head coach is a guy named Kenny Payne. He's worse than IB and that's saying something. They never recovered from firing Pitino. I hope Saal can get it right once he pulls the plug on IB.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    t's always sunny on Shockernet when the Chickens get clobbered!

Can I get a witness?!?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Law of averages finally catching up to KU. Let’s go for 4!

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Really enjoying this season Duke is having.
    Yup. Not a lot of college basketball tonight, but it's always a good college basketball night when both Duke and KWho loses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X