• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offensive juggernaut Houston ain't...

Comment

• Moving on in the tournament they are…

Comment

• Looks like Bill Self is a scratch for today’s game. Having had heart issues myself, what they’re (KU) saying and what’s been happening aren’t lining up. Something is off. I’m starting to wonder if maybe his coaching career may be history. Admittedly I am no KU fan or Self fan for that matter, but I do hope he ultimately does what is best for his health.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Looks like Bill Self is a scratch for today’s game. Having had heart issues myself, what they’re (KU) saying and what’s been happening aren’t lining up. Something is off. I’m starting to wonder if maybe his coaching career may be history. Admittedly I am no KU fan or Self fan for that matter, but I do hope he ultimately does what is best for his health.
          Agreed.

If that happens to be the case (and it’s within the realm of possibility for someone who is 60 or older), it would be interesting to see who they hire, and the Bill Self coaching tree is not that prominent. In the same way that we won’t find another Gregg Marshall, they certainly won’t find another Bill Self.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• The thing about KU though is they can also hire just about anyone they want. Love them or hate them, they are a premier coaching destination and could pull from the vast majority of schools out there.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Generally players are prohibited from continuing their playing careers when serious health issues arise (DJ Bowles). Is this really that different?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                The thing about KU though is they can also hire just about anyone they want. Love them or hate them, they are a premier coaching destination and could pull from the vast majority of schools out there.
                They’d still be fine for the reasons you mention…but it would be highly doubtful that they’d run roughshod over the Big 12 like The Rug has.

78-65

Comment

• Wouldn't they just bring in a Rick Pitino or Sean Miller and pay the refs like they always have?
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Pretty amazing they really have to look outside the family

Comment

Working...
                    X