Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

We could use a 32% 3P shooter.
    He'd be a 20% 3FG shooter at WSU. It seems that nobody shoots as well here as they do for other teams.

It seems that it started under Marshall and got worse under IB. Shooters seem to lose confidence playing at WSU. It's obvious they either don't know the sets or can't execute the sets. I believe they're thinking about what they're supposed to be doing instead of playing to their strengths, That's a formula for failure.

We've always thought that JuCo transfers only started showing what they could do after the semester break. Porter is solid. Pohto seems to have regressed. The rest of the team is all new players. The way things are going it's going to be worse next year and it's going to be harder to recruit to WSU.

This team has virtually no chance of finishing above.500. Porter graduates. Walton, Abidde and Ricks are locks for the transfer portal. Next year is going to be worse. IB has done to this program what Lowry did to SIU. Boatright is the one who orchestrated the entry into the abyss.

This is the worst time for WSU athletics since Lew Perkins got rid of the football program.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• My understanding is that Grill wasn’t all that interested in WSU.

Comment

• I was bummed the Chickens broke 50 against the Vols.

On a side note, was that Drake's 6th man from 2 years ago getting minutes for the Chickens?

Comment

• I was looking at some of the rankings on WarrenNolan.com and it looks like the D-1 basketball product continues to get diluted. There are know 363 men's teams playing D-1 basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

IB has done to this program what Lowry did to SIU. Boatright is the one who orchestrated the entry into the abyss.

This is the worst time for WSU athletics since Lew Perkins got rid of the football program.
            Couldn’t agree more with this statement. This is my biggest fear when I hear “we can’t afford to fire him.” That program was flushed and led straight down the drain while collectively claiming there was nothing they could do about a contract they had with a bad coach.
            We’re at a crossroads in a changing ecosystem so do we want to get left behind and blame the circumstances? Or at least go out fighting? Because the only way we, WSU, can “punch above its weight class” so to speak and be a power outside of the “power” conference is to have a love affair with coach that brings not only the community together but the money as well. Can’t have the base at odds and not trusting the coach or program which is building with every game here.
            If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              We had several opportunities to, at least offer 3* combo guard Caleb Grill FROM WICHITA, but passed on him. He had 7 threes today and scored thirty points in Iowa States win over North Carolina. We offer many kids with little or no expectations they will sign but we couldn't even offer Grill. Boy, could we use him at shooting guard and backup PG to Porter. I'm sure many of you know his dad played here.
              Marshall didn't recruit him, and Brown sure as hell wouldn't.

Comment

• Grand Canyon's matchup against Pepperdine, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed due to health and safety protocols within the Waves program.

Upcoming schedule shuffles opponents - Grand Canyon University Athletics (gculopes.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post

Couldn’t agree more with this statement. This is my biggest fear when I hear “we can’t afford to fire him.” That program was flushed and led straight down the drain while collectively claiming there was nothing they could do about a contract they had with a bad coach.
                  We’re at a crossroads in a changing ecosystem so do we want to get left behind and blame the circumstances? Or at least go out fighting? Because the only way we, WSU, can “punch above its weight class” so to speak and be a power outside of the “power” conference is to have a love affair with coach that brings not only the community together but the money as well. Can’t have the base at odds and not trusting the coach or program which is building with every game here.
                  Catch 22. Can't fire him without the money ... can't get the money without firing him first and getting a new coach lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Grand Canyon's matchup against Pepperdine, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed due to health and safety protocols within the Waves program.

Upcoming schedule shuffles opponents - Grand Canyon University Athletics (gculopes.com)
                    This is still happening??? Lol!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Guess you haven't heard, we're all going to die from the dreaded rsv. In the mean time, mask up, social distance....blah, blah blah

Comment

Only in California.

Comment

• Note to all D1 teams: do not accept games against California schools

Comment

• Houston scoring 49 in a 5-point win at home against Kent State.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                              Houston scoring 49 in a 5-point win at home against Kent State.
                              Turkey (farts) hangover…
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

My understanding is that Grill wasn’t all that interested in WSU.
                                I know quite a few kids that were interested as Fr and So to certain D1 schools that never recruited them, so they moved on to other schools.

Play where you are wanted.

Comment

Working...
                                X